C-5 Z Wave Plus

You will. Whisper mode during pairing requires a direct connection between the lock and the z-wave controller.

1 Like

And I definitely need to do an exclude and include again to get them to use the repeaters? I’m only confirming because they are both technically working right now without them.

1 Like

Try a repair first. But you probably have to wake up the locks first.

Is this what you’re recommending? I’m finally going to order a couple, so now I’m trying to get what ever is recommended out of all the devices there are

2 Likes

Check here for a list of supported devices for your C5 hub:

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=List_of_Compatible_Devices

1 Like

I recommend them, too, and have 6. Be sure to read my post about the driver. However, not all functions work on a C-5, which cannot pair S2. The repeater functions DO work on a C-5, though.

1 Like

That's the one

And, I remember it being a PITA to include on my C5 with some special procedure to get it into some sort of recovery mode. :thinking:

I'm using a Leviton DZPA1 that's been issue free.
It's a couple feet from my Z-Wave Yale lock, everything working stable and quick.
Plus it includes a controllable outlet as well as repeating.

1 Like

So I havent bought the extenders yet I was busy replacing the latch that just ot delivered on one of my locks that manfunctioned smh. But my front door. The logs look fine everytime i hit the unlock or lock button the logs show that im locking and unlocking the door. but the door isnt' actually doing anything. I this becasue I dont have the extenders yet? Can it give a good readign that it was successful but not operate dur to range?

You're not getting feedback from the lock. So even though it says it's locking the signal isn't reaching. Putting the repeater in will likely help with that.

2 Likes

I had one for a short while - paired after a bit of fiddling. It was excluding it from my Hub that I had the hardest time. Finally had to remove it using a secondary controller.

3 Likes

I gotta say I agree with @jameslslate - I have had similar issues with Z-Wave locks starting with the older Yale and moving on to the Yale Assure (YRD256). Ended up replacing the Z-Wave module with a zigbee one and have not looked back.

To be fair the issues were likely a combination of things and not just the lock including the immaturity of the hub firmware at the time and my lack of knowledge etc.

I know some people here have had excellent experiences with Z-Wave locks but it's too much trouble for me so I generally don't recommend them to my clients.

1 Like

I didn't have too many issues with my Z-Wave locks, but I have had ZERO issues with my zigbee Yale locks. So I agree with you!

1 Like

Yea I hear you guys. Philips Hue bulbs are zigbee and Ive never once had them NOT listen to me instantly and its been years. Schlage assuming theyre staying in business, said theyre are out of the lock I bought until at least 2023. And I really wanted it to match my front door lock that I've had for 8 years. Lets call it an OCD thing lol I found one froma reputable seller for a good price on Ebay. Z Wave was my only optoin. Plus Im definitly not gonna pay 200 to replace the lock I already have at front door. So here I am learning the ways of Z Wave. lol

1 Like

I've read this several times until it finally started to make sense. With all of this being said.....My new lock installed that I've been asking for help with. The batteries just died on my after only a couple weeks. REplaced them this morning and everythings fine again. My orignal lock has been going for about 4 years now and the battery is still on 60%. Is this Z Wave related causing it to constantly wake up? I did finally buy repeaters that will be here next week. Hoping this will fix that issue?

@user1518 Post a copy of your z-wave details page. You may have some issues with your mesh causing the drain. A good option is using a beaming repeater near the lock to force the lock to go there conserving power. There are a couple of things it may be

Ok cool thanks. I have 2 Aotec 6's(Almost got the Rings like you recommended but got these 2 for 20, couldnt pass up the deal lol) coming to me in a few days. I plan on putting one in the same room as this lock. I'll get that details page when theyre in place.

1 Like

You may mind that putting it about 2/3rds of the way from the lock to the hub works better.. Regardless, don't expect it to find it right away; it may find it faster if you do an individual zwave repair on the lock after installing the Aotec, or not.

2 Likes

Yeah apologies...

_beatadeadhorse

Once you get things sorted Z-Wave devices do tend to just keep working in my experience.

2 Likes

Is this all youre looking for? It's the Basement Lock that had the battery drain.

Also The Logs havent updated in a while, though the lock still seems to be working when I press lock or unlock