C-4 Stopped to work

Hi all, I have C-4, last night my automation stopped working, all the automation fails, the web page can not be open, ping works well, so I power off the hub for few minutes, but after the problem still on the same way.

Please give me some advice

Did you try to go to the maintenance page at Port 8081?

1 Like

I tried after your suggestion, still with problem
I did "Reboot"
I did "Enable Safe mode"
I did Download Lastest Version

Hi All, any tips here on how can I fix my BRICK?

Contact support? @bobbyD

1 Like

Thank you! I sent email last Friday.

Maybe restore from backup? :grimacing:

Hi, I am sad with Hubitat support, I sent an email Friday, below you can the answer, they never tried to help me.

Thank you for the community here!

Last night I open the Diagnostic Tool again, thank you @napalmcsr, and play with all options, so I downgrade the firmware to 2.2.3.142, my hub was back to live OMG, reboot, and still working, update to 2.2.4.158 still good, reboot again, still good!!!!

So the support only "force" to buy a new hub and you guys know how hard is to "repair" all of our devices.

"*Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us. Based on details provided and our preliminary research your hub likely has a hardware malfunction. *

• Our hardware warranty is 90 days from the purchase date, however we could extend a special offer for your continued support, and replace your hub with another C-4 model for $40 plus shipping, or upgrade to latest C-7 model for $99.00 plus shipping*."
1 Like

Nice! Glad things worked out!

3 Likes

Strange.

Does a firmware downgrade always come with a soft reset and database restore?

I wonder if something got badly corrupted and it was a soft reset (in addition to firmware downgrade) that got things back up and running.

Edit: fwiw I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of a hardware problem like support mentioned. If the issue recurs, that is. $40 for a replacement C4 hub is a pretty good deal anyway :upside_down_face:.

1 Like