C-4 Hub Power Connector Barrel Size?

Is someone able to tell me what size the Ac adapter barrel connector tip is for the C-4 hub I am trying to get a power to usb cable so that I can hook my hub to a power bank as a power back up.

Make sure that your power bank can both charge itself and deliver power at the same time. Most cell-phone power banks do not do this. As soon as you hook them up to charg, they immediately stop delivering power to the USB output ports. One notable exception are the ones that Konnected sells on their website. The barrel jack on a Hubitat C-4 is a standard 5.5mm x 2.1mm. Konnected sells those cables on their website too for only $2.50 + shipping but you get one withe the power bank they sell. If you are going to power backup your Hubitat, you should also consider backing up your router/modem's power. Most of the time when you lose power you don't also lose internet. Doing this will allow you to send out a notification that you have lost power. Without your router/modem, you would also not be able to use a dashboard to say, disarm HSM. So, you might want to consider a larger UPS for all your networking "stuff" to have a complete solution.

Don't forget to take a look at this: DIY- Battery Backup Hubitat- under TEN bucks-NO soldering

For those in EU there is a 'hubitat ups' on eBay.

Here is the system I use for a UPS for the C-4 hub. Maybe you can use any part of it.

Thanx Ryan780, Fritz, Mariohuds and razorwing for the responses and help. Yeah Ryan I have a Cyberpower Ups that I use to power my Netgear Orbi Router system. As far as the powerbank tip I found that little tip out awhile ago, before I came to HE I use to use Home Assistant and then Homeseer on a Pi I first tried the powerbank thing on those systems and rapidly found out your advice Ryan780 so I have 2 powerbanks that are able to charge and power at the same time both are 10,000mah powerbanks. sadly I live in Georgia and Georgia Power is just horrid man. For no reason like 3 to 4 times a week the power will just go out for like 2 or 3 mins then come back on needless to say anything plugged in at our house is in a surge protector. But after a court struggle last year to get them to replace 2 big screen tvs that broke because of that fact I had to purchase like 5 Cyberpower Ups systems to keep things powered so stuff wouldn't just abruptly shut down.

That is a lot of power outages. In the Netherlands we are blessed with very good infrastructure. Though if the power does go out it's for more that a couple of hours. But I've only seen that about 6 times in 20 years. I have bought 2 apc ups of 2200VA each. Which is overkill for my network, though I have some lights plugged into them as well. I've bought them on a second hand market. Because more and more business use cloud servers these days, small business don't use those ups systems anymore. The bad part is that you break your back lifting them at 61kg each.

Yeah Fritz well all I can say is congrats to you lucky folks over there, because as usual we cant get our s**t together over here in the states to many corporate politicians taking bribes to sell us the hell out, So we will keep having to pay a arm and a leg for everything. This countries infrastructure is gone to holy hell it's just a matter of time until will find out the hard way.

I understand the reasons, though we only see the corruption and conspiracies in the tv-series. I have one (not helping) sidenote: our government has it easy with the infrastructure because we live all close to each other, small country / lots of people. And I know that information is not helping you, but if you are a fan of nature you might appreciate your situation a little more because where I live there is not much left of nature. It's all roads and houses. Every peace of nature we have you can walk from road to road in less then an hour. If I ever get lost in nature in this country it can only be because I took the wrong drugs :rofl:

Not going to argue and will not reply to anything else about it but although I do agree their are issues in the US (as there are in many countries), it varies from place to place and that statement is a bit over-reaching. I live in Texas in a smaller town and in the 15 years I have been here, I have only had about 5 power outages of which only 2 were more than 5 minutes long. This is the 4th place I have lived in the US of more than a few hundred miles apart and have I have never experienced anything like 3 to 4 power outages a week. There is definitely a problem with the grid in that area that needs fixed and I understand the frustration but this is not typical of the entire US.

And Texas is unique in the US in that it has its own electrical grid. A lot easier to keep things maintained when it is all within the borders.

Ok so i'm not going to argue as well, my statement is what it is. The thing is when you cant or won't call out corruption that's what I have a problem with, we can go from the oil industry with their subsidies to the health industry with their greed. unless we call it out wherever it may be then we do all of us a disservice. I'm glad to here that you don't have the same problems with your grid in Texas that we have here in Georgia, But that is the point the problems are from pure political corruption and greed, and if you did come to have those problems even if I don't live there I would call them out as well because no law abiding citizen should have to put up with political corruption that greatly effects the way they live. and that will be a big period on my statement.

Well as a real foreigner I have to go with a tv-serie again. In this case young Sheldon, his dad explains the USA: "well son, there are all these states and there is Texas, that's all you need to know."

For the rest of the topic I think it's more something for Reddit then over here. Though I do understand the frustration, especially if things don't work at the wrong times.

Haha, I've seen that show and know the phrase. I'm not originally from Texas however and most of my life has been lived in other states. But you are correct about where this belongs.