Button Controller 5 - error

C-7

I did search first and one post said reboot fixes error but it didn't fix mine.

I paired a new Eria Button remote then I tried to set up a RM 5 for it but I couldn't for the life of me to assign all buttons in one same rule like I could in RM 4.1.

I saw the Button Controller app so I thought I would give it a shot and deleted the RM 5 then tried to set it up in BC 5 however I gave me an error right off one button 1 before I could even try to do 2 3 4

An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.
Error: Child app not found for namespace: hubitat and name: Button Rule-5.0

Log
app:2042021-07-26 11:08:28.376 pm errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerInvocationException: hubitat.exception.NotFoundException: Child app not found for namespace: hubitat and name: Button Rule-5.0 (mainPage)

app:2042021-07-26 11:07:57.333 pm errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerInvocationException: hubitat.exception.NotFoundException: Child app not found for namespace: hubitat and name: Button Rule-5.0 (mainPage)

app:2042021-07-26 11:07:24.271 pm errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerInvocationException: hubitat.exception.NotFoundException: Child app not found for namespace: hubitat and name: Button Rule-5.0 (mainPage)

I couldn't even delete the rule under BC so I thought just to delete the BC and start over.

Now it just error if I try to create a new rule under BC every time and the remote I wanted to add still have assigned to BC on it

Advise what I should do next?

I am tempted to delete the remote device and pair it again to see if that get rid of it or fixes it

I've seen reports of similar issus before that a hub reboot normally resolves, so I'd give that a try first if you haven't already (didn't see it mentioned).

I wouldn't bother re-pairing this device--this error is unlikely to be related to that.

1 Like

Strange ... You're right.

I rebooted it a couple more time and the BC app appeared back in App list then I could now click on it without erroring out ..

Now I am going to try setting up rules on it ..

Thank you

I still had to delete the button device and pair it again because the BC would not work to the previous pair.

I noticed that button held is not working at all for this button remote and this is my second one, the other one works fine so I am not sure if it the driver or pairing or BC rule .

It's a Eria Dimmer Remote

Are you using a built-in driver or a community driver? Make sure the second one is using the same driver as the first one, and then click CONFIGURE for good measure.

1 Like

Built in one and I think the first remote is also using built in one.

It was late last night when I finally got BC working so I didn't fiddle with the remote issue too much and I will compare between both remote to see what may be missing or set wrong on the second remote.

Thank you

1 Like