Button Controller 3.1 errors (Hubitat build: 2.2.2.122)

Tagging @bravenel in case you haven't picked up on this.

1 Like

Will look into it.

Thanks.

When did you get this error? When you clicked on the Select Actions button that you highlighted?

I thought so, but I went back to reproduce the problem. The first time the error message comes up is when I try to set the dimmer level for a button push:

As soon as I click away from the above highlighted dim level field I get the error message. Then I get the error message on any attempt to click the Select Actions button after that.

OK, thanks. Investigating.

1 Like

What browser is this with? I can't reproduce the problem. You should be able to enter a number in that field.

Chrome on Windows, Debian, and on my Android phone. ...same issue on all 3 devices. It happens whether I enter a number or not, as soon as I click out of the field.

I will open up Firefox and try it now.

@bravenel This was not a problem for Firefox. I should have tried a different browser. Thank you!!!

It's very odd. I can't reproduce. Will try with Windows...

I'm getting the same error when trying to add "adjust level" to a button push event using an up to date Chrome browser and Firefox browser in fully updated Windows 10. It first happens when hitting done after making the selections, then happens as soon as I hit the "push" in the app to edit it. No rule shows up in the "push" box btw.

This doesn't happen with Button Controller 3.0

1 Like

@bravenel The same thing is still happening to me. It is only when I try to enter a value for "adjust level". I didn't bring it up anymore because it seemed to work once and I figured that it was just me. This happens in Firefox, Chrome, chromium (my Debian daily driver), and android chrome browsers. I made a crude video cap of the problem.

Here is a link to my video capture of the issue:

You can skip ahead to 1:43 to see the problem in action. Also, you may want to set the video to 720p so that it is more clear.

Button Controller 3.0 doesn't give me any issues, but 3.1 does.

1 Like

Same here, so I copied a BC 3 rule and adjusted it to fit. No issues with adjust level on that.

I am on FW version 2.2.2.129 now, jfyi.

1 Like

I will look into it. In the meantime, as a work-around, just do this one button in RM.

2 Likes

Thanks. I will do just that.

Bruce, don't know if you saw this, but same thing happening to this user.

Having the same issue here, when ever adding an adjust level command to button #2 on a 5 button pico remote I get that same Error.

This is a well reported bug. Fixed in the upcoming 2.2.3 release.

You can work-around if you want using a single button rule to adjust the dimmer.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.