Built in ring extender driver reporting on battery when they are not!

just noticed all mty ring extenders using the built in driver are reporting on battery in both my hubs when they are not.. don't know when this started happending .. configure and refresh does not fix it.

@bravenel

I just got a Ring range extender a couple of weeks ago. It is showing the battery 100% charged, but running on mains.

Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back into another socket?

cant and not really a soluition as one house or the other is always empty... currrently both are empty

Have you tried running the "Refresh" command once to see if that helps? If the hub/platform wasn't running when the power source was sent to the hub, it will have been missed. If the device is just sending the wrong Z-Wave command to the hub, that's another issue, but not one I think I've seen reported before.

This is especially likely if the hub and extender both went offline due to a power outage, but it could really happen for any reason. Some people use a "hub restart rule" to help with this particular case.

yes i ran configure refresh, even repair. everything is communicating with it according to the logs i posted. but it never updates status

Switch to Denny Page’s (@dennypage’s) driver. I had the same issues you describe, and sent a couple PMs to Bryan Copeland over the past year. He said he would look into it, but nothing ever changed. I switched to Denny Page’s driver, and the Ring Extender refresh has worked perfectly since then to set power source on systemStart after power fail.

2 Likes

sorry was wrong i was running a alternate user driver not his.. will try it and let you know. thanks for the tip.

thanks worked perfectly as soon as i refreshed said back on main.. hope they fix the stock driver.

2 Likes

Mine shows both

1 Like

Thsts not the issue. Tbe issue for me was it not going back to main after a real power outage.

1 Like

If you pull it, hit refresh on the device page, then plug it back in, then hit refresh on the device page does it change?

i cannot do that as i mentioned the houses are empty and pretty sure its not the device as as soon as i changed to denny's driver and hit refresh they all 3 immediately updated to show power on mains. So the bug must be in the driver.

1 Like