[Request] Update Z-Wave discovery for Jasco Z-Wave Switches to choose correct driver

Removing the children worked. The built-in driver didn't work. Switching to @JasonJoel 's driver appears to work well for these. Polling of my old GE/Jasco switches seems to have stopped working right in the process of doing all this though. Guess I'll need to try rebooting and stopping/starting the polling again and hope it's fixed.

1 Like

Walk this back a step.

Do you have all of your Enbrighten Switches working with @JasonJoel's driver without polling? And if so, have you removed them from the polling app?

If you haven't, you should do that first.

After doing that, do a "Shutdown" from the menu (under Settings), and not a reboot. Then disconnect power - from the wall outlet side and not the hub's microUSB connector. Wait 30 seconds, then power up again.

Finally, how many non-zwave+ switches are you polling?

If they are Z-Wave Plus, then those are good drivers to use for the devices.

I think you know this already from the other thread, but you should only be polling for the older "Z-Wave" devices and not the newer "Z-Wave Plus" versions.

2 Likes

Removing the reconfigured "Enbrighten"-driver devices from the polling list seems to have fixed polling again. I had done a "Stop All Polling" and start again once I removed them and they started updating correctly again. I learned that devices don't get removed from that list automatically even though they aren't using one of the drivers that app requires.
I have 19 of the non-plus dimmers and three non-plus switches.

2 Likes

Yes I'm aware of that. Using the non-plus driver and enabling polling was a stopgap until I had a solution, and that stopgap actually worked with these switches, as suboptimal as it was.

This new driver having double and trip-press unique triggers is useful too. I have some plans for using that in a few rooms.

2 Likes

Cool - I figured you had it covered.

Remember to enable the "Enable Alternate exclusion..." setting in Preferences for the driver - it will speed up status reporting:

2 Likes

Just wanted to thank you for your help. I will put the new drivers in some new UltraPro's that I am ordering for a new install location - I want to use the Double Tap feature to try to tie in a second switch, but only "on demand".

I also want to thank you for the encouragement and info on my schlage lock. I got it installed and working. I did not get it working in the Lock Code Manager App - but from reading all the other threads, I am pretty sure its because I added a code at the device itself first (within Hubitat), before I tried lock manager. I think that if I wiped out all of the codes and started over with Lock Manager, it would work. But I needed it to work, so I will try that later. I did put in multiple users from the Device (using Hubitat). THis weekend or next I will start over and see if I can get it to work. I want to be able to set up temporary codes for a dog sitter in the future :slight_smile:

Anyway - thanks again, really enjoying Hubitat so far!

2 Likes

You're very welcome...glad to hear that things are progressing and your lock is up and running. My Schlage is working well w/Lock Code Manager so I'm sure yours will as well.

Happy HA-ing, and in the future you can share your growing knowledge w/another forum member. :smiley:

Yep. That’s the only way it works. I have two Schlage BE469ZP and they work fine with beaming repeaters near each one (Ring Alarm Extender v2 devices).

1 Like

Just got my C8 up and running with my devices and my ZWave Plus Wall Switches show up as the two child jasco dual outlet. FYI & FWIW.

Can you post this info from the Device page?

Tagging @bcopeland

Device Details

Create Time 2023-04-03 17:40:27 PDT
Last Update Time 2023-04-03 17:48:41 PDT
Last Activity At 2023-04-03 19:57:57 PDT
Controller Type ZWV
Data * deviceId: 12597
  • deviceType: 18770
  • firmwareVersion: 5.53
  • hardwareVersion: 255
  • inClusters: 0x5E,0x25,0x85,0x59,0x86,0x72,0x55,0x5A,0x73,0x5B,0x9F,0x6C,0x70,0x2C,0x2B,0x22,0x7A
  • manufacturer: 57
  • protocolVersion: 6.04
  • zwNodeInfo: D3 9C 00 04 10 01 5E 25 85 5C 59 86 72 55 5A 73 5B 9F 6C 70 2C 2B 22 7A 68 23*

Had to update FW, and now I see this in the device page:

Device Details

Create Time 2023-04-04 13:44:23 PDT
Last Update Time 2023-04-04 13:44:56 PDT
Last Activity At 2023-04-04 13:45:28 PDT
Controller Type ZWV
Data * deviceId: 12855
  • deviceType: 18770
  • firmwareVersion: 5.54
  • hardwareVersion: 255
  • inClusters: 0x5E,0x25,0x85,0x59,0x86,0x72,0x55,0x5A,0x73,0x5B,0x9F,0x6C,0x70,0x2C,0x2B,0x22,0x7A
  • manufacturer: 99
  • protocolVersion: 6.4

I e just installed one of these switches (Jasco 46562) and it still added it as a dual outlet. I did switch the driver to Generic Zwave Plus driver and the switch looks to be working, but I also now have two ghost child devices. So doesn’t look like the issue is fixed.
C8 hub running latest firmware.

The hub choosing the wrong driver won't create ghosts... Those are created when the Z-Wave inclusion process doesn't complete successfully.

Pull the air gap on the switch and then use the Remove button on the Z-Wave details page for each ghost and they should be removed from your hub.

2 Likes

I was able to remove the ghosts, but switching driver to “device”. However, I’m still having issue with finding a correct driver, as the switch isn’t reporting state properly. I’ve tried a few suggestions in this thread and still can’t get it working right.

Your switch is a Z-Wave+ switch. Select the Generic Z-Wave Plus Switch or Dimmer driver (whichever it is) on the device page.
2024-01-05 08_03_38-Hubs, Network, & Tech
2024-01-05 08_03_44-Hubs, Network, & Tech

3 Likes

And if still not reporting back after changing to the driver above, make sure and hit the Configure button on the driver details page.

3 Likes

Thank you guys, I changed to the generic driver and looks to be performing well. For some reason I thought that custom driver was the right driver for this switch.

1 Like

IMHO the best drivers for Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus switches & dimmers are @JasonJoel's drivers...but maybe let things ride for a bit before making a change to make sure things are settled down w/the generic drivers.

When you're ready to futz w/it again, these are the links to his Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus drivers:

3 Likes