[BUG] Soft Reset: Request failed with status code 401

Soft reset does not work, just getting this error. I tried to log out and back in. I tried incognito mode as I saw in another thread. It is strange because after logging out totally and then going to incognito mode straight to port 8081 it does not even ask me to log in...

Just tried to do a restore without a soft reset first so we will see if this will fix my issue.

Your browser, despite all your valiant efforts is retaining your credentials. Use a different browser OR clear browser cache.

This happens to me 100% of the time, so I'm well versed in the workaround. My method is to have one browser I never use for critical cached elements. When I need to use :8081, I use Safari and go to the 8081 page, then Clear Cache/History All Of It. Then, when I then click Soft Reset, it asks for the MAC address :slight_smile: and I log in correctly...

Just to be sure I'm clear... I go to the 8081 page, soft reset is there but I do not click on it. I take a detour through the Clear History/Cache option, THEN click Soft Reset.

1 Like

I just opened an Edge InPrivate window which I have NEVER used Edge to log into Hubitat. Same thing. Does not ask for credentials. I can click the logout and login button at the bottom and it just toggles back and forth never asking for anything.

Should not have to clear all my cache and history just for this to work...

Is this possibly because I have Hub Security enabled?

Credits to this post: Corrupt Database Found, Error 500, Error 401 - #4 by velvetfoot

Found the trick to get the request to log in with the MAC. Using the hubitat.local:8081 DOES NOT WORK. If I use the IP:PORT directly (192.168.1.4:8081 in my case), I can log in.

I no longer need to do the soft reset though, so not going to test that, I assume it would work now.

1 Like

Well, thank you very much. I totally just stumbled on that, as usual, lol.
On a side note, I use that Z-Wave tweaker every once in a while-useful for me. Thanks.

Tagging a dev per instructions I was given previously. I think this is up your alley @gopher.ny

Not a serious issue but a frustrating one nonetheless when you don't know the cause of the error.

1 Like