[BUG REPORT] Conditional time event being True when it should be False

ok, just went in my office and see my lights turn on when they clearly should not have during daytime based on sunset-sunrise.

So here is the condition...

screencapture-192-168-0-136-installedapp-configure-69-mainPage-1581888778807

It is true as you can see by the (T) after the condition, yet sunset is at 17:21 - 30 minutes, so should not be true until 16:51.

Yet as you can see in the logs, the lights at the printer turned on 16:30

I checked the hub time in the settings menu / hub details and the time is right...

Would like to help and find the problem but not sure what else I can check to find out why this is happening?

BTW, this is not a new rule and has not been modified since last Thursday, was working fine Thursday night and also last night when I was in the office during sunset hours (before and after sunset).

You should probably post your whole rule. There may be other reasons that a rule doesn't run reliably.

1 Like

Check the System Events to make sure the sunrise and sunset times for today were set yesterday.

1 Like

Here are the system events for last 48 hours...

We can clearly see that the condition is set to True on that line when it should not be, so has nothing to do with the logic of the rule.

Waiting until tomorrow if it behaves the same, I also created another dumb rule just to see if it will do the same in the other rule.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.