Cannot import rule from 2.2.7 into 2.2.8, bug to be fixed in 2.2.9

I cannot import a rule from a 2.2.7 Json save file into 2.2.8. If I try in rule machine legacy I get this error.

If I try in the new rule machine 5.0 it gets farther but in final import I get this error.

And then the 5.0 rule machine is broken/unuseable with this error and Must be removed and reinstalled to work again.

From the notes on 2.2.8 I’m fairly certain this is not a bug, but intended design.

Do not attempt to import Rule-4.1 rules into Rule Machine, only into Rule Machine Legacy. This is not supported and will throw an error. Rule 5.0 has no backwards compatibility to Rule-4.1.

If u read.it again the first attempt is an attempt to import into.
Legacy!. Take a.closer look
.it.is.a bug

Yes, it's a bug caused by the parent app name change. We are reworking how rule export/import/clone works for the 2.2.9 release, and wlll put in a fix for this problem. There is no interim work around unless the original rule still exists. If it does still exist, a new export will be importable. The import is looking for rules with the parent app named Rule Machine Legacy, which didn't exist in 2.2.7 and prior.

2 Likes

Could a person:

1. Take a current backup
  2. Roll back to the previous version (possibly use an older backup from that release)
  3. Import the old rule
  4. Do a platform upgrade again
  5. Export the rule after the upgrade
  6. Restore from the backup that was just taken
  7. Import the re-exported rule

It is a lot of work--but would that work if someone was desperate?

Ya probably but at that point.its easier to rewrite one rule. I.was trying to dup .a rule from one location to another. Thanks.for.the responses.

1 Like

Do you have an autonomous punctuation generator? :smiley:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.