Broken Rules - No indication

it doesn't, as you said people will be people.

It would fix the issue though of having to go through every app instance and move it to a temp then go through again and move it back to a read device. It would fix/ help the more time consuming side of things. You can't argue that that wouldn't be a very useful tool. Time it would take you to make it however :man_shrugging: , still a very good addition if it was possible.

I'm not arguing against the feature of device swap, I think we should do it. I'm only saying that it doesn't solve the OPs problem.

3 Likes

But then wouldn't the nominal device still exist, just without a hardware reality behind it? I am not sure what mechanism removes the device from the device list, so this is a genuine question.

Bruce the way you express yourself to your customers is a reminder of why I left.

Hubitat as a whole has a great future, and I can understand the frustration with end users, but to flat out call people stupid publicly because they donā€™t follow a 3 step process, well I think that is stupid.

I personally think you should have a team involved with something as important as rule machine. Maybe you do? I think resources should be focused on rule machine because thatā€™s the bases of the entire product.

P.S

Homeseer flags an event when broken or a device goes missing.

Apparently not. Since you still keep turning up.

2 Likes

Also if one actually reads what Bruce wrote, he refers to people doing stupid things.

Thatā€™s an unavoidable fact of life. Some people will do stupid things.

Not the same thing as calling someone stupid.

A customer service rep will pretend the customer is always right, even when theyā€™ve done something stupid.

Bruce is not a customer service rep, but I find his honesty and frequent engagement with customers to be a refreshing change from what most other companies with online user forums do.

3 Likes

At least Bruce informs - and in as much detail as the user seems to require. No glib undetailed brush-offs

2 Likes

Although sometimes all a troll deserves is a glib, undetailed brush-off :wink:.

2 Likes