Broadlink RM4 pro/RM3 mini

Hi.

I have a few Broadlink devices on my network, which works well with Alexa.

I am trying to move from cloud to local control, that’s why I include HE in my setup. I know some devices are still cloud like the HS110 but can be controlled by HE.

I noticed that to have Broadlink integration, i may need to have RasPI to integrate. There is a native integration but was withdrawn.

Is it really no local integration?

Cheerz
Sherwin

Unfortunately there does not appear to be at this time. Someone could write a new driver to locally integrate again (I would love a new one, but I still have the pre-withdrawn one loaded on my hub and it works "well enough" for the RM3).

Hopefully some enterprising community developer who knows more about Broadlinks and such could make one. I have not played tried myself yet.

1 Like

There is a community HE driver

@starcom: That is the one that got withdrawn and is no longer available for people to use.

1 Like

Read entire thread, it is still being used

You can still use it if you already had it (like I do) but I did not see any sign cybrmage has released his drivers for general use again. Was there a link somewhere with it? I admit I have not rechecked all 720 posts...

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Can you share codes and info for the RM3?

Cheerz
Sherwin

Unfortunately not. As @cybrmage withdrew the code it is no longer available for use and I do not think it would be right for me to repost it without permission. I think of this as a scenario where those of us that had it are "grandfathered in" (because I did not see anything saying we could NOT keep using it).

That is also why I would very much like it if someone wrote a new Broadlink driver. I would be happy to switch over to one I knew was being actively maintained.

If @cybrmage popped on and gave people permission to repost the code (even with a statement that it is "use at your own risk, unsupported") for people to use or work from as a basis for a new version, I would be happy to post it. But I have not seen that either.

1 Like

Totally agree. My hope is the same.

Cheerz
Sherwin

2 Likes