Broadlink RM IR device api

Yes it does, I just got an RM4 Mini and it works fine, it uses the same protocol as the RM4 Pro.

That said, OP's repo has not updated this in a while (thanks a lot @rob121 for creating this though). Looking at his repo I found some pending pull requests from other users and I ended compiling 2opremio's forked repo that contains some changes to support the RM4 devices, it works beautiful!

I compiled it on a Raspberry Pi 4, here is the binary in case anyone is interested: link

Doesn't work for me, my RM2 Pro isn't found. I have to run the broadlinkgo-linux-arm5-raspi version to get it to work. I'm running a raspi4 but none of the specific raspi4 broadlinkgo apps seem to work me.

Thank you. I will definitely give that one a try. I tried GunoH/broadlinkgo at rm4proplus (github.com) but it did not work for me. I created a small docker file as I don't want to install go directly on the PI - BroadlinkgoDocker (github.com). You can just change the repo. Not the best docker image but I used that one for testing :slight_smile:

Cool!

@darren.rockach, maybe 2opremio's changes to add the RM4 messed up the RM2? could be... but honestly if the broadlinkgo-linux-arm5-raspi works for you keep that one, you will not really see any difference with this one. I think the one I used is a work in progress right now and him and another user found some way to detect the device better but are still implementing it, that said, the code I compiled works just fine for me with an RM4 Mini.

BTW, another interesting thing is that everyone out there including OP advises about not using the broadlink app because it locks the device to the cloud and then it cannot be used by this (or other LAN apps / integrations). People have come up with a bunch of YMMV workarounds like setting it up in the app then resetting the device or using the old app, etc.

Broadlink added to the latest version of their app an option in the device page to lock/unlock it so this is no longer a problem and the newest app works quite well (link). I used it to link it with Google Home and then created some scenes in it that allow me to control the buttons with voice, and both Google Home integration and this app work fine at the same time...

Thanks for the info. I also have an RM4 Pro and a couple of RM3 minis. I just unlocked them in the app and tried your binary again but it still didn't find anything. The arm5 binary still only finds the the RM Pro 2 despite unlocking the others. I wasn't expecting the arm5 version to find the Pro 4 but I thought it was compatible with the 3 minis.

I must have missed some of the notifications, I’ll go through and check out any pr’s.

1 Like

Actually scrub that, I forgot I replaced the 3 minis with 4 minis. So that will explain why the arm5 version isn't finding them.
I'd like to get the RM4's working so I'm not reliant on an old device that will at some point fail I'm sure. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Have to tried to add them manually? Check the GitHub page, there are some command line parameters to execute in manual mode where you'll see a button to add the device, make sure you chose the RM4 one and put the IP and MAC of the device. Actually, I think that is how I originally added mine...

If this work just make sure to add DHCP reservations in your router so those IPs don't change later...

Adding in to what @gparra said. The auto detection relies on ssdp network discovery and that can be hit or miss depending on external factors like network setup, router settings, etc.

Always try manual mode, the failure to detect devices automatically is not indicative of an actual software problem.

I was able to get it built in ubuntu 64. I will post a link. My question when in learn mode is this learn move for IR? If so how do i put it in learn mode RF?
Thanks
Mike

Thanks for that. I'll give it a try when I get chance. Once you've added a device is it remembered between reboots etc?

No clue honestly, I don't have any RF device so I got the RM4 mini that only has IR.

Yes, device information is saved to disk and loaded after restart...

I've manually added my RM4 Pro but it doesn't work. The sent commands do not result in the action being performed.
This is the RM4 that I have, I think I might have heard that some devices have compatiability issues with things like this. Could this be one of them?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B083LBMX64/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I added using the 'Broadlink RM4 Pro Plus' option. I presume that is the correct one.
Also my manually added device isn't getting remembered between restarts. I am using the below command to start it and using kill to terminate.

sudo /home/pi/Broadlink/broadlinkgo-raspi4 --port=8001 &>/dev/null &

Thanks for any help anyone can give me to get this working.

UPDATE:
Ah ok you still need to use the --mode=manual even after the device has been added.

If I try and learn a new command the light on the RM4 lights up indicating it is in learning mode but it times out and errors after a few seconds and fails to learn the code.

So many options on Amazon.

UPDATE:
I've added the RM2 Pro to the raspi4 binary using the manual method and this works fully as expected.

Exactly the same process to learn RF as IR. I only use mine for RF and it works well with my RM2 Pro.

How did you add it manually?

How did I manually add what?
To learn an RF code is exactly the same process as learning an IR code. You go to the learn tab, enter an action name, click the 'start learning' button and then press the relevant button on the RF remote whilst holding it near to the broadlink hub. You'll then see output in the window as to whether the code was successfully read or not.
Hope that helps. One thing I noted with regards the action name, make sure to use no spaces, use underscores instead and only use lower case characters. Keep the action name simple is good advice.
Hope that helps.

I've added the RM2 Pro to the raspi4 binary using the manual method and this works fully as expected.

I am doing this on a linux box not a pi.

Using the --mode=manual parameter when invoking the executable will add a button which allows you to add a broadlink device manually if the automatic scan fails to find it.

https://github.com/rob121/broadlinkgo

I understand that. But what do I select from the pull down I don't see the rm4 PRO Plus listed.

Never mind got it working off different build