Broadlink Integration with HPM

I attempted to install the built in Broadlink integration package with HPM.

Error Occurred During Installation

An error occurred while installing the package: Failed to install app https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tomwpublic/hubitat_broadlink/main/broadlinkSystemManagerApp. Please notify the package developer..

Given that I don't see any similar discussions in the support threads, I doubt that it is a package problem.

C-8,Platform: 2.3.6.146

• Hubitat Package Manager v1.9.0

Logs:
2023-11-26 06:29:32.363 PMerrorUnable to get the app ID of the package manager
app:22023-11-26 06:29:32.276 PMdebugInstalling HPM Manifest
app:22023-11-26 06:29:32.215 PMdebugGrabbing list of installed apps
app:22023-11-26 06:29:31.913 PMerrorUnable to get the app ID of the package manager
app:22023-11-26 06:29:31.672 PMdebugInstalling HPM Manifest
app:22023-11-26 06:29:31.608 PMdebugGrabbing list of installed apps
app:22023-11-26 06:29:31.250 PMdebugRefreshing repository list

I see some threads that suggest running repair in HPM on HPM, but it doesn't show up as an installed package. It obviously wasn't installed with HPM, because it is HPM. I ran a matchup to try to get it recognized, but no luck. I am a relative newb, so sorry if I am missing something obvious!

Thanks,

Bill

I think you have an HPM issue that you need to sort out first. This post may help: [RELEASE] Hubitat Package Manager (HPM) -- HubitatCommunity - #514 by csteele

Once you resolve that, please ask any remaining Broadlink questions in this thread: Broadlink IR/RF remotes integration (RM3 Mini, RM Pro, RM4 Mini/Pro)

Thanks for the quick community response. That's part of why I chose Hubitat. The community seems very active. I agree that it looks like an HPM issue. I had reviewed your recommended thread, and the most current stuff is about making sure that you are on 1.9.0, if you are on or beyond a 2.3.6 platform. I did verify that in settings and the HPM code.

I'm tempted to uninstall HPM and reinstall with a following matchup, but I didn't want to break stuff and make my life more difficult.

I appreciate any recommendations!

TThanks,

Bill

If it were me, I'd try exactly what you suggested -- just re-import the HPM bundle and de-dup as necessary as described in the other thread.

If that doesn't work, post on the HPM thread I linked to and I'm sure you'll get a quick response.

1 Like

Thanks for refocusing me on the referenced HPM thread. My code said that I was on 1.9.0, but my problem still existed. Importing the code and trying to figure out how to dedup, made things a bit worse, but the zip bundle install fixed the issue!

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Bill

2 Likes

it's helpful to recognize that HPM is an App and the problem with the order in which you upgrade to HPM v1.9.0 and Platform 2.3.6 determines the result. IF you upgrade the Platform before HPM, which is certainly a normal / expected order... then when HPM asks the platform for a list of installed apps, the answer is none. So even HPM can't get itself out of that hole and starts installing duplicates.

The only recourse, as detailed in that other topic, is to delete any accumulated duplicates and manually install HPM. We tried to get people to update HPM prior to even the first release of 2.3.6 but not everyone that needed to know reads the Topics soon enough.

The recovery 'recipe' isn't difficult but it doesn't qualify for simple either :slight_smile:

2 Likes