Brand New Hub is in constant reboot mode after downloading latest drivers

Brand new hub....
plugged it in...router discovered it.
Downloading of new drivers etc. took place
Hub went into reboot mode and never started up.... Reboot has been going on for >15 mins

Please be sure to open a warranty case. That is not normal or expected behavior:

2 Likes

@obrienpa3 Just curious, what color is the light on the front of the hub?

2 Likes

Not normal.

For giggles, can you try a different power supply? It needs to put out 1A (or more) at 5V. I have seen spontaneous reboots with a power supply that was going bad.

2 Likes

I plugged it into another power supply that is powering another Hubitat hub.... same problem

1 Like

green

Ok, now do a find.hubitat.com , do you see the ip? Can you get to thathubip:8081? Also did you try to set a static ip on the unit? If so, press the reset button on the bottom of the hub for 7 seconds (it's the only round hole out of the square ones) use a toothpick or paperclip. This resets ONLY the network config. See if you can get to it after that.

2 Likes

@obrienpa3 please check your private messages. Your hub is connected to the cloud, but we are investigating the frequent reboots.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip.... I actually found the tool and did a full reset...I think I'm in good shape...

Figuring out where to find the tool was a journey, but I found it.

Thanks everyone

Paul

2 Likes

You mean "soft reset", correct? A "full reset" should almost never be done (unless you plan to sell the hub).

2 Likes

HAve a look at this before you continue as well:) Glad you got it figured out

1 Like