Brand new C7, can't update to 2.2.5.119

Hi there, my brand new C7 won't update to the latest 2.2.5.119,

It just hangs on "Applying update"

Currently running version is: 2.2.3.148

Tried several times, and let it run for about 20-25 minutes before giving up.

I know about the Hubitat Diagnostic Tool i used that to revert to the earlier version, but i need to connect this new one to my network upstairs for security, so it's quite important that i can use Hub Mesh or Hubconnect, are those two the same?

Can i use Hub mesh, when my old C5 is fully updated, and my C7 is not?

Edit, forgot to mention:
Diagnostic tool shows that 2.2.5.119 is the platform version, but i cant connect to the hub unless i revert to the older version.

Weird stuff!

Edit, the third time i tried it worked, and was pretty fast (maybe because i added a static IP to the new hubitat in my router?) that's the only change i made.

A full hub reboot would be the first thing to try. We've seen a handful of updates exhibiting the same exact symptoms and are looking into it.

Speaking of reboots, starting from 2.2.5, an update triggers a full reboot on its own. That doesn't help with 2.2.4 -> 2.2.5 updates, though.

My hubs (C-4,C-5, & C-7) all have reserved DHCP and I had no issues with upgrading yesterday.. The C-7 only has Z-Wave devices, zigbee service is set to "off", and no RM apps - dunno if that helps any.

1 Like