Brand new c3 out of box not working

so i pulled an old hubitat i got a couple of years ago out of the box to try and sandbox a couple of devices that are not working on my c7.

apparently its an old c3 with a stick..
gave it a staic ip and it boost up gets the ip but i cannot get anyfarther i can find it on the net by mac and when i click on it it tries to goto the ip but doesnt respond.. if i goto the 8081 port it says "select one of the following versions to switch to" without any versions shown..

the light is solid blue..

any ideas..

thanks

Tagging @bobbyD.

I think the issue is that the platform hasn’t been downloaded and installed.

so how do i manually do that.

Problem is I don’t remember the instructions, because I’ve read them a while ago, but I’ve never done it. Hence the tag for @bobbyD.

Let me also tag @csteele, and @ogiewon.

thanks

FWIW on a C3 the LED is supposed to stay blue (unlike the newer versions, which should turn green after booting up).

2 Likes

thats fine but it also appears it is not working as the regular web port is not answering and you see what 8081 is returning above...

Understood, just saying it doesn’t mean the same problem @aaiyar mentioned is at issue here :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

Being a C3 is normal to have a blue light. However, looks like it is running an older version of Diagnostic Tool. See if you can update the Diagnostic Tool by going to this page:

hubIP/hub/cloud/updateDiagnosticTool

Also, if the hub was reset, you may try to get started here:

portal.hubitat.com/portal.html

If all fail, please send an email to suppor@hubitat.com with the following details:

• Email address used to log into portal.hubitat.com.
  • MAC address (there is a sticker on the hub)
  • Local assigned hub IP address (assigned by your router or DHCP server)
  • Public IP address (from a service like https://www.whatismyip.com)
1 Like

thanks tried that link. just got a 404 error.. will have to email support.