Bosch Zigbee Motion PIR

Battery pull, new batteries?

1 Like

batteries should be new, but I'll try anyway!

Interested if anyone has any new input on this topic?

I've been using these sensors for a while, first on ST and now on HE. I've had 6 running on HE without any issues, but one of them suddenly got stuck on Active this morning. Based on the logs, it got stuck while I was still home, but I didn't notice it for a few hours after I got to work. I connected through VPN on my phone and looked at the admin interface. As with others, I was still getting temperature updates the whole time, but it never switched back to inactive. I tried Configure and Refresh, and nothing happened...until about 10 minutes later when I got an HSM alert that motion had been triggered and my alarm was screaming. :slight_smile: . I guess one of those buttons forced something to happen, and the logs show it going to inactive, to active, to inactive again. I watched the Zigbee logs for a while, and the lowest LQI I got for this sensor was 251. In fact, I didn't have any device drop below 250 while I was watching, so I assume my mesh is pretty solid. Please let me know if I should be checking something else to confirm my mesh quality.

I did add another Peanut plug this morning. But I did that about an hour after the motion sensor got stuck, so I can't imagine that would have been the cause. I can't think of any other changes that might have caused any interference.

I have two that are working fine and one that is stuck on active but still reporting temperature. I haven't felt like getting up on a ladder to pull the batteries on it...

All three of my Bosch sensors are within 25 feet of the hub and it's a very open floor plan so there's almost no obstructions. I can't imagine it's a signal issue.

When the ST motion sensors went on sale I got rid of the majority of my Bosch’s. Just painful to work with.

I have 5 of them, I seen the active stuck on all of them, I think I will replace them with Iris v2 if I can get them. They are big and ugly.

So disappointing. Just bought 10 of these sensors after having no trouble with them after several months.

Yes, and I never seen a LQI of less of 255 on them.

1 Like

If your Bosch motion detectors get stuck on active, and you cant be bothered getting a ladder, change the device type to simulated motion sensor, and then select "inactive". Then change it back to Bosch. Not pretty, but easier than a ladder.

1 Like

@mike Thanks for the workaround. I'll definitely try that if/when this happens again. Is that an instant resolution? If so, I'm somewhat curious why this works when clicking the configure or refresh button on the device page either takes a while or doesn't work at all? I'm probably missing the obvious, but wouldn't that indicate the issue lies somewhere in the driver and not the sensor itself?

All I have so far are Bosch sensors, so this is probably a dumb question. Do other cheap(ish) motion sensors allow more control? Specifically, adjusting how often the sensor checks for motion? My biggest gripe of the Bosch sensors, up until one got stuck on active, is it's 3 minutes...or 3 minutes. Considering how well the batteries have held up over the past 12+ months, I'd gladly trade some battery life for more frequent motion checks. Sensitivity adjustment would be nice too. Just curious what the better sensors are capable of.

Yes, I'd imagine it's a driver issue. I did ask the staff to rectify or provide a workaround on here somewhere, but have not heard anything.

Onto your question: I have had good results with Iris motion sensor and the hue motion sensors, both paired directly with HE. The iris are tiny. The Hue also have illuminance. Both have temperature.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.