Bosch door window sensor BSEN-C2 BSEN-CV supported?

Hello

Is any of these sensors supported?

BSEN-C2
BSEN-CV

If yes it can be very good solution for outdoor usage as it has IP45 rating.

These are Zigbee 3.0, so the basic functionality (contact open/closed) should work with the Hubitat inbuilt standard drivers.

2 Likes

There is a question if it is a "standard" Zigbee 3.0.
Aqara also seems to be "standard" Zigbee 3.0 but it is not.

I checked quickly the Zigbee2MQTT implementation for Bosh sensors - they are using the standard IAS messaging. But we will never be sure before we try... : )

2 Likes

If you are willing to experiment with something very cheap, but features full (contact+temperature+humidity) - you can try these :

1 Like

What's the IP rating for that sensor?

Sorry, I missed that you need an outdoor sensor.... Better go with Bosch in this case.

1 Like

I bought Bosch BSEN-C2 sensor and trying to connect it to Hubitat but with no results.
I reseted the sensor to the factory settings and during the Hubitat pairing I get a message "Found a Zigbee device, initializing..." but nothing more happens.

Any ideas?

Is the battery inside CR123A ?

What usually helps with other battery-powered devices is :

• remove the battery for several minutes
  • reboot the HE hub
  • pair the device again, close to the hub (at a 1-2 meters distance).

Yes CR123A inside.

I did your steps but same result.

So what can be a problem if it get stuck during initializing?
Is it a driver missing or something?

I found that the sensor works with zigbee2mqtt:

So probably it can be used on Hubitat as well.

I am confused - what type of QR code pairing procedure is described here?

Such "Install Codes" for Zigbee devices is something new to me.

".....This is a new feature that is part of Zigbee 3.0 security model specification which allow users to add devices to their Zigbee network by scanning quick response QR codes"

What Is an Installation Code?

Zigbee installation codes, sometimes also referred to as “install codes,” are provided as a means for a device to join a Zigbee network in a reasonably secure fashion. The installation code itself is a random value installed on the joining device at manufacturing time, and is used to encrypt the initial network key transport from the Zigbee network’s centralized Trust Center device (the coordinator) to the joining device. With the creation of the Zigbee 3.0 standard in late 2016, all Zigbee devices capable of joining networks (as opposed to forming them) must support the use of installation codes during joining, as this is a requirement for Zigbee 3.0 compliance.

The installation code can be thought of as similar to the PIN code on Bluetooth devices when two devices are paired. The PIN code is provided as an authorization code for the parent device so that the joining device knows it is receiving information securely, such as when a hands-free headset is paired to a smartphone.

The installation code is typically printed on the case or packaging of the device, either as a hexadecimal string or in an encoded fashion such as a barcode or QR code, and provided through an out-of-band mechanism to the Trust Center device or its associated web/cloud interface, along with the 64-bit IEEE MAC address (“EUI64”) of the device. If this device-specific data is stored on a remote web server or cloud-based system, that remote system then securely transports that information to the Trust Center to establish security credentials for the joining device in advance of the in-band joining process.

source link

Will not work with Hubitat C7 (probably with the new C8?).... sorry.

1 Like

.... You can try the Factory Reset procedure ( this is for the older models Bosch PIR sensors pairing to Hubitat ) :

Are you sure? Can @staff confirm?

I have reseted my sensor according to new instructions:

Based on all the information on how this BSEN-C2 contact sensor successfully pairs to HomeAssistant (both ZHA and Z2M) only when an installation code is entered, and because resetting to its factory default settings didn't help, I think that Bosch have decided not to fully comply with Zigbee 3.0 specifications, where devices are supposed to fall back to ZHA 1.2 if the Zigbee coordinator does not support the 3.0 protocol.

So Hubitat doesn't support Zigbee 3.0 protocol and all the sensors based on Zigbee 3.0 are succesfully connecting to Hubitat only because they fall back to ZHA 1.2?
Or did I misunderstood?

Yes, that’s correct.

1 Like

Shame..
So we need to wait for newer hardware then.

1 Like

Any chance that C-8 hub supports that Bosch sensor?