[Beta] Wink Relay - LAN Integration

Are you waiting long enough while covering the sensor, then holding the button? I recall it takes quite a while (maybe 15 sec or so) before you'll hear the clicking and get the home screen to come up.

1 Like

Sorry for not answering -- I thought I had.

Yea -- I've waited like minutes -- multiple (and I mean multiple) times

read and re-read, found youtube videos and did it along..

nothing....

I followed Tech Fans videos on YouTube "almost" to the letter and it works every time.

3 Likes

I was just able to reset and root a Wink Relay that I've had in use for a year, that was never rooted before. Mind you, I did have to factory reset it to be able to do it, but it worked.

I also appreciate @jmastera52's video - now that kingroot . net has shutdown, I was trying to find a rooting replacement until I saw the video using the APKPure to download it - worked fine!

There is also an existing routed WinkRelay in my house, but I haven't tried to reset it yet, to convert it from Wink to Hubitat.

oh I can't take credit for the video, that is someone else. Just found them useful the first go around of rooting my 2 Wink Relays.

Sadly, while a lot of fun in getting them working, I have pulled both off the wall. The overall performance, usability, and consistency of having the Rooted wasn't enough to justify keeping them up and running.

Its too bad that these are fully custom boards on the inside. If they were more akin to a mobile device one could theoretically swap out some new innards that are more current.

May be parting with mine sooner than later, just to get them out of the house taking up space on a shelf.

Hi All, I have done a real hack job of getting the two loads (Bottom and Top) as well as the back light to show up as child switches. It seems to be working pretty well but would love to get some more eyes on it. If any one else is interested please let me know and happy to post the code here

@adamkempenich submitted a PR with support for Child Devices which you can find here:

Perhaps you can take a look and see if that version works for you? I'd like to get it merged so other people can use it. :smiley:

1 Like

That version works for me. The only thing it doesn’t do is take an existing device and add children—so you have to start from scratch.

The only change might be around the naming of the child elements. Within dashboards, relay1, relay2 and backlight are not close to the actual switch so could get messy or harder to find unless you rename them, before creating the dashboard. May be call them Wink Relay - Backlight etc. Also adding configure as a capability might allow you to then force the child creation.

Other than that our code is pretty much very similar I think

I merged in @adamkempenich's enhancements which add support for child devices and a few additional options today (eg. automatic backlight on/off on motion). Thanks again for your contributions!

If you already have the device installed, be sure to update to the latest device driver and child device driver. Then run the configure command on the main device so it automatically creates the child devices.

1 Like

Hey there, I seem to be getting a lot of errors after updating. Not sure what to do about it, tried deleting the app and starting over, but that didn't fix it. it seems to poll the device okay, but when I click the relay on/off buttons it gives those red errors in the log and doesn't control the switch. Hoping you can help :smiley:

Do you have both the device driver and device driver and child device driver installed? The child device driver is a new driver that @adamkempenich put together and it creates a new child device specifically for each relay so you can more easily turn each relay on/off directly from rules, dashboards, etc.

1 Like

Yes sir, I've got both installed.

Did you run the configure() command on the main device? If you kept the existing device (even with upgrading the app and adding the new child device driver), you'll have to run the configure() command on the existing device so it will create the child devices.

1 Like

I have hit the configure button, I have not played with it for a bit, I'll see if I can get it working tonight.

I seem to be having the same issue. I loaded the driver and the child driver and when I created the second relay device there were no child drivers. So, I went in and clicked the configure button and still no child drivers. I don't know enough to play with any of this stuff, so desperately need some assistance. I have eight of these around the house. Thanks in advance!

Just deleted the app and all the drivers and reinstalled everything and then ran the app again. The app created the first relay with the backlight and the two switches. When I ran the app again to include the second relay, there were no child devices. Hit the configure button but it did not create the child devices either. Just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something obvious.
Cheers

I'm having the exact same issue as you, I have two relays the first creates the child devices the second doesn't. But in both cases I still can't control the relays

@greenderrick and @dioffo what do your logs say when you tap the configure() button on the parent device? Tapping configure() should try to create the child devices and will log a debug warning if the devices already exist.

In the meantime, if having the child devices isn't important, you can always go back to the last known working version of the driver. Here's a link to the specific commit of that version:

--

@adamkempenich any thoughts on further troubleshooting steps?

Not without seeing what the logs are saying. I can push a bug fix after seeing those.