[Deprecated] Wake Me Up

Introducing 'Wake Me Up - BETA'
A better way to wake up. With slowly rising light levels, random announcements and more.

This app has been merged into Event Engine - Automate your world with easy to use Cogs. Rev up complex automations with just a few clicks!

Features:

• Choose days/time/sunset/sunrise/onDemand to run
  • Turn lights on, Set Level and Color
  • Slowly Dim Lighting Down (can work in two different ways)
    -- Start all lights from the same level
    -- Start from the highest level and have each light join in as its level is reached
  • Slowly Dim Lighting Up
  • Have speech, other events happen after lighting dims
  • Turn other devices on/off
  • Notifications include Speech and Push
  • Ability to Repeat Speech
  • Ability to Snooze Alarm
  • Speech requires 'Follow Me'
  • Ability to pause and/or disable app
  • Parent/Child App structure
  • Create as many child apps as needed

Apps can be found on my GitHub or by using the Hubitat Package Manager.
(HPM is highly recommended)

When reporting problems...

• Be sure you are on the latest version. I won't troubleshoot an older version.
  • Turn on debug and screenshot the issue happening in the log. One line or just the error doesn't cut it. I need a log.
  • Post the screenshot of the log with an explanation of the problem.

Thanks

6 Likes

Before You Go Go.

4 Likes

Feel better now? :thinking: :roll_eyes: :upside_down_face: :wink: :grin:

Errr... How's that..lol? :thinking:

1 Like

Hey, you do what I do after a stroke! The right words = hard

lol, it's all good. :upside_down_face:
(I fixed the first post, maybe...)

2 Likes

Thanks for putting this together @bptworld. I'll just throw in feedback/comments as I come across them here.

I see that 'Slowly Dim Lighting UP' and 'Slowly Dim Lighting DOWN' can both be on at the same time... What is supposed to happen when both are on?

As long as you select different lights, one will go up and one will go down.

Ah I'm only working with one bulb here right now....ok two lights. I see.

Java error report whem WMU set to 'Slowly Dim Down'. "dimStep: null" looks suspicious...

What alarm are we talking about and why is it required?

UPDATE: So it appears when the time event triggers it will only run if the control switch is on... Is that right? I can see that being useful for some people, but why is it required?

Java error report whem WMU set to 'Slowly Dim UP'.

So currently DimUP and DimDOWN both crash for me.

Nope. :wink:
Had an issue with push.

I added wording to the app...
"Alarm Switch is required anytime speech and/or push are involved. This is how you will stop the alarm from either going off or from the repeating aspect from continuing. Just like a regular alarm clock, except this one can be controlled with voice assistants, dashboards, etc.!"

Same issue with Push.

New version on GitHub...

Child:
1.0.1 - 07/30/20 - Fixed push, added more descriptions

thanks

1 Like

Updated and push now works. The cycle completes(I set time to only 1min) but from the beginning to the end my bulb is low brightness(which I would expect going from 1->80) and pale blue. It stays this way and never changes color or brightness even though the logs show changes. Hmm.. Note that the color is set to 'Daylight - Energize'.

UPDATE: I did some more testing and found the following:

• Changing color to Red, Green, etc doesn't change the behavior. i.e. Starts with correct color at very low brightness, but then never changes brightness or color as the app runs.
  • I am able to change settings on the bulb directly so that seems fine
  • Gentle Wake Up is able to change the color and brightness properly when it runs so it doesn't seem to be an issue with the bulb

Bryan, maybe I am misunderstanding how to use this. Maybe I just need to be pointed to the right settings?

I first tried to use "Slowly Dim Up" option by itself. I selected the bulb, time, color, and target level. The automation ran, and it worked fine with one exception. The bulb came on to its previous set level and then your app took over from there. I was expecting that the bulb would start at 0% or 1% and dim up to the desired 99%. Instead it started at 40% (the previous set level) and went to 99%. I don't see a start level.

So for my next run through, I tried "Turn Light On, Set Level and Color" option in conjunction with the previous settings. I set ON level to 5%, using the same bulb as the previous try (same bulb was selected for both this and Dim Up). This time the bulb didn't come on, and it said in the logs "Wake Me Up Child - Target Level has been reached".

So how can I have a bulb come on at a set level, and go up from there?

My other question is about cancelling an in-progress automation, in particular the dim up function. In Gentle Wake Up it gave an option to cancel the remaining timer if you turned the bulb off. The way the pause function in this app reads, it is not a one time thing, it permanently disables this app if you toggle that function (and of course press the selected button).

This is a great start by the way, it already works better than GWU.

I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

Thanks

1 Like

Alright, I found some time...

Okay, please try again with the debug log on. Post a screenshot of the log. Thanks

I've added some wording to NOT do this, lol.

If you select dim down, it starts at 99 and dims down.
If you select dim up, it starts at 1 and dims up.

These are set, I may make this user selectable in the future.

I'll have to think about that one.

Thanks!

New version on GitHub...

Child:
1.0.2 - 08/02/20 - Adjustments, If device is dimming and the device is turned off, dimming will stop.

Edit:
Okay okay
1.0.3 - 08/02/20 - Added Start Level to dim up and dim down

That's IT for tonight! lol

1 Like

I will give it a try when I have a chance (probably tomorrow) and let you know how it works.

Thanks for looking into it!

Actually had a minute before I went to bed, so tried a quick run through. Got an error, and the bulb stopped raising level.

Summary