[BETA] UniFi NVR Integration

In the settings for the user in the UniFi NVR software. On the right hand side you'll see an "API Access" tab. Click on the tab and you'll see a key. If there is no key there you can generate one there.

Got it.
It added my camera!

It appears i am not getting any events on my camera.

I see events on ST...

Yeah, I found the problem. I forgot to re-enable the camera polling that I had disabled in order to try to get snapshots working. Pull down the camera driver again and give it a shot.

I updated and it appears to have filled in the status information now. I will try to keep an eye on it.

Thanks so much for the help.

It has motivated me to try and port the Rheem and Lennox code from ST to hubitat. Any advice on what is needed to port specific functions or just copy and paste the code over and fix error by error?

1 Like

You definitely need to start here:

That will help you with the basics of porting it over to Hubitat. After that I just took it error by error.

Watching. It would be great to have the Lennox thermostat supported in Hubitat. Please keep me posted. With this and Spruce, I'd be mostly good to switch over.

It looks like UniFi is moving away from "UniFi NVR" to "UniFi Protect" and at this time "UniFi Protect" has no API so I can't even play with that. Things appear to be in flux right now so I'm kind of waiting to see how things go with UniFi before I spend too much time on this.

Just wanted to thank you for this. The motion detection works fine.

Easy and straightforward install.

You're welcome.

Does this work with Unifi Protect?

No. Unifi Protect currently has no API.

Once they open up an API I intended on working on this for Protect.

Anymore updated on Unifi Protect Integration?

1 Like

Having the ability to turn off indoor cameras in Home mode would be great!

Waiting on Ubiquiti to open the API:

I'm new to Hubitat and how it all works. After reading the UBNT forum it seems like there is hope... Have you gotten it to work?

No, I had it working back when I used ST, and Unifi NVR on my computer. I switched to HE, and to Unifi Protect. Now I can view the stream on my dashboard in 1 second increments, but no motion notifications like I used to get on ST, so I do miss that. Maybe it can work if someone uses one of the hub connect apps, and keep the ST & NVR integration.

How are you getting it to show up on your dashboard?

Image template, image url is your camera's local address. You need to enable rtsp on the camera's individual setting, it won't work through Protect.

And this only works locally. :frowning: