[BETA]Tile Template Device Manager

Done, although I'm bumping into an unexpected mismatch between what I pasted into the HTML text file:

<style>p{font-size:30;padding:10;color:green;background-color:<%604:variable%>;border:10 solid <%605:variable%>;}</style><p>
<b><%606:variable%></b></p>

and what is showing up in the template Preview:

<style>p{font-size:30;padding:10;color:green;background-color:<%604:variable%>;border:10 solid <%605:variable%>;}</style><p>
<b>%606:variable%</b></p>

(I hard-returned before the <b> tag so you can spot the difference in the 2nd line, namely the angle brackets around the merge_key 606 are being dropped somehow.) Which means the literal string %606:variable% appears in the finished – and otherwise looking-as-expected – HTML render, instead of that variables value.

This has the knock-on effect of Template Manager ignoring the need for Device #606 to be included or watched. It only demands Devices #604 and #605 now (though I included #606 already anyway).

Is HE maybe stripping something during the upload (to File Manager) process?

Going to need to study this, but File Manager doesn't look at what's uploaded.

1 Like

I round-tripped a couple more edits to the HTML text file, and found the safest bet seems to be following these steps:

1. On HE, Settings > File Manage > click HTML file to download to PC
  2. Edit downloaded file in Notepad (Open with... in Windows Explorer)
  3. Save edited file without an extension
  4. Return to HE File Manage and delete original HTML file
  5. Click [+CHOOSE], pick HTML file in WinExp, click [UPLOAD]

That seems to be the (my) ticket to success. Now, my edits match! And a "Refresh Slot 1" back on the HTML Device reveals expected HTML render. #winning

2 Likes

How do I find the CSS attibutes (styles?) that I need to change the tile appearance for the presence tiles? How do I find how HE references the present or active states for certain devices vs the not-present or inactive states?

present/not present, active/inactive should be reported in the attributes presence and motion respectively. As for CSS, any standard CSS will work; if you want to know what HE is using there isn't a listing but if you sniff the headers on the UI you see 10-15 different files pulled in.

1 Like

Please don't take this as a complaint. I love what you've done.

Is it normal for the app to be so "busy"? I'm seeing that this accounts for over 50% of busy time for my hub.

What's the % of total number? When fully loaded it can get a little busy as it is tracking every attribute change for the devices that it is tracking.

1 Like

2.9ish

So ~3% that’s about right.

3 Likes

I'm a newbie here, so please forgive any faux pas.

I have this custom template:

Status <%jobState%>
Time Remaining <%timeRemaining%>

I would like my dashboard to report the time remaining in minutes, rather than seconds.

How do I change it to divide by 60?

Thanks

App only reads the device attributes, doesn't provide any way to manipulate