[BETA] Tesla Vehicle via TeslaMate MQTT

Sounds fine to me. In the Tesla API response, looks like the tire values are ungrouped within the vehicle_state group alongside other groups like media_info and speed_limit_mode so I guess this is as good of a place as any. I could have been persuaded to also accept placing it in a media_info section since the tires make noise when driving, but since that’s not exposed in MQTT, I guess we’re stuck with this for now. Can’t do a full CR, but added a comment.

Maybe you should get your OCD checked for this one… but I will do the same thing because a few months ago when I got a nail and a slow leak, I realized that the level at which Tesla warns you doesn’t do a whole lot of good when you’re already an hour down the road.

Thanks for making the update!

Using this driver to auto-close my garage door based on rule, when Tesla's Power source changes to main & garage door is open, Close it. For my use case it would work perfectly since I need to put my Tesla on charging everyday after I come back home but I realize powersource doesn't really update immediately on Teslamate UI, and so neither on this driver until I wakeup car. Probably car went into sleep mode by the time I plugged it in. Also I realized geo-location isn't also updating that frequently, unless I wake up the car, Any idea ?

Is the Streaming API enabled in your Teslamate settings? I sometimes have a slight delay, particularly in noticing an unplug event after the car has been idle for a short time, but not usually more than a minute or so.

Yes I have the streaming API enabled. I also noticed I had "Sleep Mode Requirements: Vehicle must be locked checked out. I have now unchecked it. Don't know if it makes a difference."

BTW, Is it possible to pull drive state from Teslamate. I was wondering if I could use a rule like When car is at home & Garage is close and Drive mode is changed from "Park" to "Reverse" open the garage door. That way I can get the last bit of "Siri, Open my garage" out and have my garage door 100% automated.

Shift state is part of "coarse location and driving." However, given that I've found there to be a slight delay (and then the time it takes before the garage door actually opens), I personally open the garage door on unplug. Then the door is usually open by the time I'm ready to shift out of park.

I don't see that option, I used the driver from one of your github location instead of HPM may be I don't have the latest version ?
I was thinking of using that option as well, although I would have preferred shift state. By unplug you mean source changing from main to battery ?

"Low-frequency driving details" in that screen. I was looking at the code, which words it a little differently.

Ah, You were quick to answer. Thanks so much.

I toggled that option but still don't see shift state showing up yet probably I need to go drive to push an update. I'll check how it works for to control garage :-).

Nevermind, I was being impatient, found it in attributes when creating a rule. Can you tell me how these values are being reported ? In the code I see value string. Are these "reverse", "drive", "neutral" and "park" ?

P, R, N, and D are what Teslamate publishes, I believe. This driver is just passing those values through.

Got it. Thanks so much

I just checked by setting a rule to send me a push when the shift_state changes with the current shift state. I received notifications almost instantly when I tried P>N>R>D>P. I guess I just enabled a button in Tesla to open the Garage Door :-).....Nice I won't have to keep the remote on visor now and worry about clips marks.....Awesome code. Thanks a lot. I love hubitat and people like you supporting the development.

2 Likes

Does anyone have this still working on a Model 3 with the latest Tesla Vehicle software update (version 2023.38.x onward)?

We updated to Teslamate to version 1.28.0-dev which according to Issue #3371 (pull request #3373) should resolve the issue. (My son @dimitri.m.viel is the one who knows how to update the Pi…) However, even after this update on a Rasberry Pi 3B+ (32 bits), Teslamate isn’t working for us on 2023.38.6.

I'm still on 2023.27.7, but if Teslamate isn't working, I'd consider exploring that on a Teslamate site. This driver can't pull out information Teslamate isn't publishing.

Yes, the issue is indeed with Teslamate. Just hoping someone might have a solution… :blush:

Update: Teslamate issued an update which fixed the issue. (Several weeks ago now…)