[Deprecated] Amazon Alexa Text to Speech (TTS) v0.6.2 - Direct Integration (USA, Canada, UK, Italy, Australia, & Brazil)

Nice work Roy, I got the calls working on postman but could not transfer it into the app it as it did not like my cookie. Like you I had lots of fun with the cookie, it does not seem to work in the same way as US ( could be EU related). I will try again with your extra information, thanks!

1 Like

I Bit of a faff, but had some free time (not so much patience though) and just stripped my cookies out and began again. That did make it so much easier, and compared the entries to those @ogiewon posted, then bingo. I really wasn’t expecting it to work, but did do the “kid with sweeties” dance when it did :joy:

3 Likes

I did find the cookie details under the application area of the chrome developer tools, made it pretty easy to isolate the elements and build string. Saves installing extensions.

3 Likes

@ogiewon dude you ROCK !!!

That is all...

2 Likes

Awesome worked first time, funny I was only slightly off from your string but it was enough to derail me.

2 Likes

V0.3.0 (App only change) has been uploaded to GitHub. Main feature is support for USA, Canada, and UK. Also added ability to rename the app in the preferences page.

WARNING: v0.3.0 will create NEW child devices in addition to your existing ones. This was necessary to support the ability to rename the App. I had to modify the Device Network ID for the children to not depend on the app name. You will need to modify any automations that use the old child devices to use the new ones. Then delete the original child devices. Sorry for the inconveniece!

I would appreciate it if @Christopher and @Jim_UK could test this version for Canada and the United Kingdom, respectively. Thanks for your help!

3 Likes

@ogiewon... You, Sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Works like a charm!

Thanks for the great app!

1 Like

This works awesome! Volume control would be a great addition! Any idea how long the cookie lasts? hopefully this could get on the hubitat developers to do list and an official integration of sorts could maybe eliminate the cookie all together? I have been wanting to use my alexa speakers as notification devices forever! So thanks for making this a reality!

1 Like

It's on my short list of features to be added.

It 'should' last until you sign out of alexa.amazon.com on the browser your originally used to log in.

1 Like

Updated here and still working fantastic! Many thanks for this @ogiewon

1 Like

Alright there is definitely a bug in the system. After updating the parent code it seems that the full cookie is not being saved. If I cut/paste the cookie in again then new child devices are created. :frowning:

Now I have to update all of my RM rules.

@aaron didn't you read the post where exactly that was documented? It's about 5 UP. :smiley:

ogiewon 10h

V0.3.0 (App only change) has been uploaded to GitHub. Main feature is support for USA, Canada, and UK. Also added ability to rename the app in the preferences page.

WARNING: v0.3.0 will create NEW child devices in addition to your existing ones. This was necessary to support the ability to rename the App. I had to modify the Device Network ID for the children to not depend on the app name. You will need to modify any automations that use the old child devices to use the new ones. Then delete the original child devices. Sorry for the inconveniece!

I did read this BUT there is nothing surrounding the aspect of saving the cookie which it did successfully in previous version.

The only reason that I know of for the cookie not being stored/retrieved correctly is if you still have double quotes embedded in the string. This is known issue that I have reported to the Hubitat Engineering team. Hopefully a future update will allow the double quotes to stay in the cookie string.

Sure enough I found it. ugh it was in the middle of the cookie.

1 Like

Version 0.3.0 works in the UK first time with no amendments. Only gotcha was the cookie had to be constructed in particular way as Roy outlined in post #56.

2 Likes

working great here!!

1 Like

Another way to get the cookie from Firefox without doing all the edits or needing the cookies extension
In FireFox goto to https://alexa.amazon.com/ then right click on the web page
select "inspect element (Q)"
select network and then XHR
right click on the "post" that has "alexa.amazon.com" and select "copy request headers"
then paste that into a notepad and your cookie will be clearly labeled there.
ignore the first "Cookie: " part and just add a semi-colon to the end

not sure why I didn't need a semi-colon at the end when using the Chrome method
but as I use Chrome all the time and never use firefox using firefox method might work better for me

2 Likes

Thanks @NoWon. I have added this technique to the ReadMe to make it easier for users to find in the future.

Mine seems to work with both child devices. I'll stay with the new one however, just more FYI

Thanks, Rick