[Beta] Quick Chart - Chart your data, quickly and easily

I checked out my Hub today to see the logs full of this, over and over and over:

And a warning that the Hub usage was severe.

Any idea what could be causing this?

EDIT: My logs are still going crazy even though both the child app and the data collector are paused:

I am running into limit all the time, anybody knows what is the actual limit with QC?

QC.io has no limit posted, this forum has not limit posted, is there actual limit known, I only have 250 points and it gives me limit error... I am ok to reduce it but to what value?

250 is the limit!!!

I have temperature charts, simple reading from thermometers, and it all draws nicely for example:

but when I am making another chart for humidity , it always comes up empty. I see data file populated with values but nothing gets charted

Here is data file snapshot:

so values are there. @bptworld Bryan, any tips on how to fix it, is it quick chart issue?

Hi @bptworld, want any help with this?

I've been a developer for years, and have done charting work. We should be able to get this doing local rendering, if that's interesting to you.

Hi,
Always looking for improvements, feel free to modify the code. Just be sure to test, test and then test some more before sending it my way. :wink:

I'm not doing much, if any, coding these days. Medical issues making it hard to type!

3 Likes

Oh no, so very sorry to hear :frowning:

3 Likes

@bptworld I've added a number of enhancements here, for consideration:

0.4.3 - 2/17/22 - Bug fixes; X-Axis origin; Persistent last data point optional; Update chart with device attribute value; Custom bar thickness

3 Likes

All set, thanks!

2 Likes

There's been a number of chart types that are in the dropdown menu, but that aren't actually supported. Two of those types are a radial gauge chart and a progress bar. With a newfound need for those, I have now added support in the app for them. The new chart types justified rearranging the user interface a bit, or at least the code for it, since otherwise new chart types like this will make it unruly. Check it out to see what you think. There's still a number of chart types that are in the dropdown list but that aren't actually supported yet, including pie charts, doughnut charts, and gauge. I might can help take a stab at one or more of those at some point, especially if someone raises a need for it, since they aren't too much different than the radial gauge and progress bar. In the meantime...

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 6.42.20 AM

0.5.0 - 02/22/22 - Reorganize User Interface to be more flexible for other chart types; Added support for radial gauge chart and progress bar; Added user-defined chart height; Define custom states with numeric ranges

EDIT: Hang tight, I meant to add the option to have custom colors per value or value range
EIDT2: Ok done. Can now specify colors per value or value range

As @bptworld mentioned in the edited first post, I've volunteered to maintain Quick Chart, at least while he takes a coding break. I've released the latest version on GitHub and in Hubitat Package Manager, and @bptworld has taken the code off Bundle Manager to avoid conflicts. I'm not entirely sure what would be required for transitioning to the HPM version, but perhaps someone else can comment on that.

I have added considerable new features over the last two weeks, including support for doughnut charts and pie charts. And a new chart type called 'radial progress chart" that is basically a circular progress bar, with customizable ranges. These are all highly customizable in fact. The center of the doughnut chart can display the sum of all or some attributes, the percentage of some or all attributes, the value of an attribute from the same or a different device, or any static label. Some example charts that are now possible are shown below from my Withings sleep dashboard:

7 Likes

Thank you for stepping up in the community, we all apreciate it and wish the best for @bptworld in his time off :heart:.

6 Likes

is there how we can get unique cloud link to the quick chart we creating with HE?

There is. If you click on the chart now, you'll get the link. However, that link changes every time the chart is updated. I assume you need a persistent link?

yeah exactly i'm tryin to use the chart somewhere else, like at SharpTools or so!
like a simple temperature history chart.. you know

1 Like

You can use the Sharptools custom tile for that:

That’s what I do and it works great

1 Like

There's also a Custom Tile specifically for trending (though it doesn't have all the features of this great app!):

1 Like

but generally how would you chart quick chart then? there is no unique URL that you can call the chart? how would you use it (even outside Sharptools) i didn't get how to use it (beside the preview)

If I use quick chart how do I View a chart?

The app will create a virtual device for you. You can then show this device in your dashboard as a chart