[Beta] - Lync 12, [Alpha] - Lync 6 HTD Lync Whole House Audio Driver

Party mode is like a built-in preset, I suppose.

The HTD app allows for creation of custom presets. Here’s a screenshot of one I use to turn on my zones and set each to specific sources and volume levels.

In addition, since adding the Lync device and it’s child zones, I’ve been getting “hub load is elevated” and “some devices are generating excessive events” warnings. Seems to be coming from the child zone devices.

The driver will generate an event every time it receives message from the Lync controller. If you have app open on your phone/tablet, it will constantly "queryAll" winch would generate a lot of events on the hub. If controller is not touched via keypad or the app, it won't send any messages/hub events.

I will look int to presets as well when I get some time to play with it.

1 Like

Happy new year @igorkuz! Any chance you’ll have time to update this integration to include Lync groups or presets? Thanks for considering!

This worked very well for me. Thank you. Alexa works well however it thinks the speakers are switches or lights. So, it wants "Alexa, set the xyz speaker power to 25". The iOS app I built using The Home Remote works really well. No more jumping through hoops using MQQT and AWS. Nice job.

Sorry @marktheknifem, I didn't see your reply. I
will but little later, I have plenty on my plate at the moment.

1 Like

No worries, I understand. Always happy to test out whatever you're able to put together, whenever you have the time.

1 Like

@igorkuz looks like the links are dead, mind updating please?

I have updated the links pointing to GitHub while my repo server is under maintenance

1 Like

I have downloaded the 2 drivers at the top of this topic for my Lync12. What I am missing is how to identify the system IP:PORT so that it is discovered and shows up in HE. Right now, nothing shows up. Any document or steps to get this working as I have with Homeseer in the past would be greatly appreciated.

The IP address of the HTD gateway connected to the Lync 12 can be found in the HTD mobile app under “system settings.”

If you didn’t change the port manually (and it sounds like you didn’t), then the default should be 10006.

Thanks! I was able to figure that out. What I am having a hard time creating is a rule. Here is what my use

When Zone 1 is powered "ON"
Then, set source to "8"
Set sourcename to "Echolink"
Set volume to "25"

I dont see how I can create an action for setting source and source name. Clearly I can set volume and set switch on or off.

When I go under conditional actions, there is where I think I can do this, but that is determing based on condition state what to do, again, I dont see how I can set source, source name under a single rule. Please advise

Hi @supergolfstick ,
First thing first thing firs, you can't change the source name (yet) as it will be pulled from the controller and overwritten ,

To change input for a zone, select Set Variable, Mode or File, Run Costume Action >>> Actuator from Rule Machine

and you will be able to set the selectInput.

Hope this helps.

I have another question as the answer is quite not clear. Here is the rule I am trying to envoke

1. Alexa, turn volume up on Zone 1
  2. Zone 1 volume increments by a percentage or level each time

I would assume I need to create a virtual device that allows for volume up as the device that an Alexa routine call call towards. from that rule going I assume "ON" to up level the volume and "Off" to down level.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated as I have moved from homeseer where I was easily able to do this but HE is not a quite straight forward but I am sure provides further flexibility as well.

Thanks