[BETA] Hubitat Package Manager

Try importing using

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dcmeglio/hubitat-packagemanager/master/apps/Package_Manager.groovy

That worked perfectly, thanks!

Did I miss that link in the instructions?

I don’t think so, I just had it bookmarked from when I installed it.

1 Like

Now I just need to learn enough about Hubitat that I can find those config screens mentioned......:wink:

Thanks again!

1 Like

It's a little slow. But I don't watch it work other than when I install or change configs, which is infrequent. I'm all for increasing performance and reliability, but it's pretty awesome as it is. Those that complain could always just copy/paste after spending the time to find the code from the ends of the internet themselves. :thinking:

1 Like

And figuring out what needs updating happens in the middle of the night when I am asleep, so I could care less how fast it runs then. For me, adding apps and drivers is rare.

2 Likes

That's fine, regardless, I'm redoing it. I don't really see a good reason to leave the code inefficient when there is a better and more correct way. We're not in a situation where there are performance issues and I have no clue what to do, I know exactly what the problem is... so why ignore it?

4 Likes

I am only looking for the Ring integration to get the modes to match with Hubitat. Where away, night and home matches the ring modes as well. Does anyone have this code?

I think you posted this in the wrong place? This thread isn't Ring related.

1 Like

I just installed the package manager and it is a godsend!!! Is there a donation account where I can send a few bucks of appreciation to the author?

1 Like

There's a link at the bottom of the app...

1 Like

Is anyone else not getting notifications when updates are available? I was getting them. But for the last several weeks, I have not. I know the updates were available as it said there were in the app page. I just am not getting the notifications on my phone.

I did go back and turn them off and then back on and reselect my phone. Went to bed with an update available last night. Still no notification this morning (Mine are set for 8 AM - So, I waited till now to verify I was still not getting them)

1 Like

Didn't even know that was an option , had not noticed it before. I just turned it on, so we will see.

i stopped receiving them as well...been to busy to do any troubleshooting though.

2 Likes

My update notification is working ok on my C5 hub at least. I had a notification this morning.

I used to get them early on, nothing in over a month

C-3 here

Are you guys getting any errors? It's working for me. Check to see if the event is listed in the events tab of your notification device.

I’ll also mention that the notifications stopped working on both my hubs as well quite a while back. Just haven’t been bothered enough by it to mention it. No errors in the logs, no evidence of the event for the notification device.

1 Like

Good point @dman2306 it may be worth adding some noob stuff at the top for people (like me) so it's obvious to go get the groovy code from GitHub, add it to App Code then create a user app - at least I hope that's right... just setting it up now...

Edit: FYI I was getting an error trying to use Hub Security (said it couldn't log in, I know the user/pw was good to get to the hub in first place :slight_smile: ) so turned it off temporarily.

I have been seeing errors around a specific package.

2020-12-21 08:26:06.025 am errorBad manifest for OpenWeatherMap-Alerts Weather Driver. java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'betaLocation' on null object Please notify the package developer.

app:6552020-12-21 08:26:06.024 am errorError downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Scottma61/Hubitat/master/docs/OWN-NWS_packageManifest.json: groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Not Found

Seeing if anyone else sees this.