[BETA] Hubitat Package Manager

By the time I got up my logs only went back to 02:30. There is pending job for tomorrow at 12:00AM. updatesNotified = False

I added the code via URL in the Add User App section. It shows up there, but even after reboot, I do not see the app in the Application section.

You now have to install it. Top right of the apps section. I believe it's add user created app or along those lines.

I am not getting notifications either. I haven't got any for at least a month or so now. Just haven't had time to try and track it down. Package Manager app shows "updates available" in the Hubitat apps page.

My phone "mobile presence device" that Hubitat creates when installing the Android app works fine, it pushes messages to phone when done manually. Other apps notify properly.

So I think it is some Package Manager notification issue, and not a Hubitat system issue.

Here.

Summary

1 Like

Thanks, that did it.

1 Like

Hi

I am seeing an error when installing Hubigraphs

Not sure if posted here or in Hubigraphs

Settings and logs screenshotted.... (Is that a word? It is now)
Set to check at 8 AM (And does per the logs). However, not sending the notifications and nothing in the log showing it tried. (Screen shots are from several weeks ago when I noticed the issue and cross posted in the FB group as well)

Also, it has randomly worked once or twice since then. But the majority of the time I am having to check daily to see if there were any updates. When I say once or twice, I literally mean like once or twice. The times it did work, I was too late getting back to the logs to be able to retrieve.

Settings

Log

A few more in my post with the original screenshots: [BETA] Hubitat Package Manager - #922 by tray_e

1 Like

I'm afraid this is a known issue that I do not believe I am able to fix. Some people's hubs throw errors when I try to upload file manager files. I have not found a way around this. I asked the HE team for help but no one really got back to me which isn't surprising since what I'm doing is unsupported. Unfortunately I think you will need to install Hubigraphs manually for the time being.

What worked for me was to have HPM run a repair on itself.

Could you show ALL the notifications/update settings? I just tested with what you have shown there and I got a "Home - Hubitat Package updates are available" on my mobile app.

Were you able to test my settings I posted above?

Could you show the updatesNotified that appears in the state variables? Is it true or false?

un

Ok that is why it's not showing for you. Basically the way I have it coded is, if it says "updates are available" but then you never install any updates, it won't remind you every day (I figure that will be annoying). So it sets that updatesNotified = true flag once it sends the notification. That flag gets cleared when you do an update (of even just one package). I do see a bug where the autoupdater doesn't clear that flag (which I'll fix) but since you're not using autoupdates, that's not your problem. Have you installed any of the available updates since the last time it notified you? If not, it is working as expected.

Yes, I have installed updates, so maybe that it is why it is true. Again, I haven't received update notifications in months now, so many, many updates with no notifications. I update probably 3 times a week, or maybe more often depending upon who publishes updates and if I have time to apply updates.

It always shows updates available on the Hubitat app page (in green). So I think Package manager knows there are updates, but it just isn't notifying for some reason.

Then I’m not sure why it’s not sending. That flag is cleared whenever you install updates manually. Next time you update a package can you check if that becomes false or if it got stuck as true?

Will do, but I bet it is stuck. I think I installed updates yesterday, and there are no updates currently needed, so it probably should currently be false.

Is there a way to reset it somehow? I have tried to do a repair install on HPM with no change.

Bingo. Mine is saying true also. I did updates a few days ago and it's still true. I am also not using auto updates. Come to think of it, I believe I may have missed doing an update once before the next check and that may have been when my issue started. That was a while ago though. I have received 2 notifications since then and those times, I did the updates right away. Then it did not notify for several updates I had to find manually.

For the record, I actually would not mind being nagged. I have it set to check at 8 AM and notify. But, I cannot always do the updates immediately when notified and would not mind a reminder if I forgot. Maybe have an option to turn off repeated notifications (or an option to opt IN to repeated automations)?

1 Like

I finally performed a repair on the 2 apps giving me the issue and that fixed the problem.

Alan

1 Like

Same here. I would prefer that it reminds me again if for some reason I cannot or do not do the updates.

1 Like