[RELEASE] Google SDM API - Nest integration

I'm sure that cost you something... :wink:

1 Like

She gets everything already. I'd probably go dance around in front of a camera too if someone gave me 10k a month to do basically nothing.

2 Likes

Can you post the app logs (or DM to me)? My next guesses are a missing event/subscription, or an exception...

Yeah, the capabilities may need some tweaking -- they expose some commands that aren't supported/implemented yet.

The majority of the logic is contained in the Google SDM API app -- so those logs would be the most useful. Namely, if you stream the logs, do you see any event JSON logged when someone walks past the camera?

Let me have her go dance for the camera again

1 Like

I rang my doorbell and woke up my SO (I thought I had the google devices muted)!

I didn't get a button 1 press on the device. I'll play around tomorrow and report back with any logs.

You mean open up the hub log on the left and watch for the event JSON?

Yep. Filter on the app if you need to, or load the past logs afterwards

1 Like

Messaged you since the access thing is in there

Ran a live log while and rang the doorbell - nothing showed up. Let me know if you'd like any other info or a test to be run.

Sounds like you're in a similar state with @lewis.heidrick - event subscription may be using a stale state.accessToken to POST events to your hub. I'll add some debug support to resolve this tomorrow

1 Like

Sounds good - I'm not sure if it's stale as I deleted the Google SDM app, re-added it, and then re-authorized, and tested the newly added doorbell within 10 minutes (is the authorization an hour?).

Anyway, if you add debug I'll get you logs.

Sorry... self medicating in the hot tub! I created a PR for the changes I did. Feel free to use if you see fit. I did add in a debug toggle to turn off the log debug output as well.

I love the camera snapshots. I built out the doorbell driver on the weekend so I could get a AI person detected front porch light, but couldn't figure out the snapshot.

Only thing missing from Hubitat is something Google does with the wear OS. If I get a Nest camera detection on my phone, the snapshot shows up on my watch.

2 Likes

Out of my five cameras, three didn't have the image attribute and two had it. Of the two that had the image attribute, one had a old snapshot (like 8 hours old) and the second one (doorbell) had an image that was a recent snapshot.

Really excited about the camera support. Can't wait to get it working.

I like this, But to also have the option for motion to become active if "motion event" or "person event" selectable.

Silly question and thoughts for future updates:
Does the "Person Detected" feature reveal the name of the person detected if it is a recognized face? I can see LOTS of potential for this if it is available.
(House wide announcements when the grandkids show up, door unlocks maybe if it is So and so at the door, etc)

That's how I set it up. It is CHIME or PERSON or MOTION or SOUND. If you check them all, then motion will trigger + snapshot if ANY of those are true.

2 Likes

No, it looks like google only reports "person" only, not who it was:
https://developers.google.com/nest/device-access/traits/device/camera-person

Part of me is happy about that since I'd have to subscribe to Nest Aware so I could get that back since I would love to make the AI smarter. :slight_smile:

1 Like