[RELEASE] Google SDM API - Nest integration

Thanks, but I use the pi for more things, so would rather keep raspbian. I have multiple cameras but just wanted to have one of them (front door) showing on my dashboard. Any easy ways using ffmpeg directly? I would have to find a way of restarting the stream each time the url changes I guess?

Not exactly easy but FFmpeg should work for you.

This should get you started:

1 Like

Seen someone using Xeoma a while back too.

Docker might be easier since you could spin up a new docker instance if the url ever changes. More work on getting the docker piece setup though to monitor for changes.

Thanks for the help, I tried but it was above my skill level. Maybe someone will find a streamlined version of how to get those streams on the dashboard with a nice tutorial. :smiley:

Yeah, I intend to keep playing with it, when I find enough free time (maybe around the holidays, lol).

1 Like

I was able to get it to play on chrome, but the delay was 10 seconds to the live stream, so not very useful for what I needed :roll_eyes:

I think what you want is the "Simple Automation Rules" for what you are trying to do. The Nest Hello's are available as motion devices and you can set the timeout as well as time restrictions.

Simple Automation Rule - works better than RM for this application

1 Like

I don't want to use motion as that's what I tried first. What ended up happening is that the light turning off would trigger motion on the camera so it would turn the light back on. 1 min later (after my set delay) the light would turn off, triggering motion on the camera, and so the cycle continues. :slight_smile:

I instead opted to just turn on the light when a person is detected, which in this API is represented as presence being active. But what I've found is that if you stay standing in front of the camera, it won't necessarily keep presence active. You have to leave the camera's frame and then come back for presence to be active again.

Thanks! I'm using RM4. I was hoping to read the Nest Away mode. But, mode manager could work!

Hi After a bit of Faf I've managed to get this set up correctly...I think but I am still not getting any notifications I have the following errors in my log. Any help appreciated

403 on event subscription -- usually means something isn't lined up between the Google projects, from enabling the Pub/Sub API in GCP for that Project, to OAuth keys synced between GCP and DA Projects. Check this post and the ensuing responses for some items to check

Thanks....I managed to fix it I went back in disabled it in Google and then reenabled it and all seems to be working now...Next plan is to try and get it to switch a light on when the cameras see a person.

Would like to be able to ring the doorbell if the doorbell camera sees someone. Tried button push 1 on the doorbell camera but nada. Any other ideas?

There's no corresponding action/command in the API for us to virtually "ring" the doorbell. Button press 1 is simply what it is mapped to on Hubitat for when the physical button is pressed and we receive a "chime" event.

Ok just wasn't sure if api was capable. Thanks.

YES! Got it working, A little fiddly but got there in the end. Really happy with it :+1: thank you for taking the time to write the code and sharing it.

I am just now trying this and running into a problem. I have progressed all the way to linking my account without any issues. I get to the point to give Hubitat access and then it redirects me to "cloud.hubitat.com/api/undefined&code=..." and displays {"message":"Missing Authentication Token"}. It says I am supposed to copy the Auth Token but I am assuming I should see something more, right? Any ideas what I did wrong?

Never mind. I got it working and can now see all my devices. I was trying to get the authorization working through Google's process on the 2nd page when I should have stopped after the first page and gone back to GitHub part as the authorization happens inside of Hubitat app.

Does anyone know if this will work with the UK Nest Thermostat E?

Is it possible to mute the doorbell?