Follow, and automate based on, the schedules of your favorite professional and college sports teams.
- Display customizable dashboard tile(s) showing the next gametime for your favorite team(s). For example, I display this on the dashboard mounted next to our most-used door. Display one dashboard tile per team, or display a single tile that displays whatever game is next from among your favorite teams.
- Automate based on whether it's a game day. Switch turns "on" on game day. Off otherwise. Configurable per team or collectively across all your favorite teams. For example, use in conjunction with Dynamic Image Switcher to change your dashboard background to your favorite team's logo when it's a gameday.
- Automate based on whether it's a scheduled game time. For example, set lighting specific to your favorite sports team when that team's game is scheduled to start. Or, turn on the TV when the game is scheduled to start.
- Automate based on if/when your favorite team is playing its rival opponent. For example, set up rule machine to send you a push notification about the big game.
Example Team-Specific Device State
- NCAA Men's Basketball
- NCAA Men's Football
Requires FREE API key per league obtainable from www.sportsdata.io. FREE API key allows 1000 API calls per month. Note this is termed a Free “Trial” but never expires.
Hubitat Package Manager (HPM) Install Instructions
- Find GameTime in HPM under the tag Dashboards
- Install GameTime
- Add GameTime as an app
Manual Install Instructions
- Install parent and child drivers
- Install Gametime App as well as the Gametime Pro Instance child app and the Gametime College Instance child app
- Add Gametime as an app
- Within the Gametime app, add one child app instance per team. When you select your team and click “Done” in the child app, a child device is created for that team.
- On the Devices page of Hubitat, devices for your teams are listed under the Gametime parent device. The GameTime parent device will display the tile for whatever game is next from among all of your selected teams, whereas the GameTime child devices are team-specific devices that will show only the tile for the associated team.
Non-Live This integration is intended to operate based on team schedules, so that you don't miss an opportunity to watch your favorite team and/or so that you can automatically set lighting scenes based on scheduled gametimes. The integration does not pull in live, up-to-date game stats (go watch the game on the TV, not your dashboard!). The integration does show the "current" time remaining in a game in progress, but it's delayed by 10 minutes in the free API. Although there is a paid API from sportsdata.io for live stats, it's not cost effective for individual use.
Potential Future Integration
There's potential for future expansion to Women's College Basketball, Soccer, Golf, Nascar, and more, if there's enough interest in the community.
BETA This integration is ripe for beta testing at this stage. Please take it for a spin and report any issues.
- parent tile and in-progress games are not always updating properly