[BETA] Echo Speaks V4

No, they’re all on the same account.

ok, I'm seeing it not working properly in my test program.

I may have to chat with Tony as something must of changed on the Amazon side, as this code in es has not changed.

The documentation is really unclear on whether from the HPM choices you should install beta to get the most stable build. is "beta" v4 beta and none beta is V3? The documentation seems stale compared to the choices in HPM.

At any rate, I installed the beta and I'm getting "postCmdProcess Error | status: 400 | Msg: null" and no sound. See this multiple times in the thread, but no resolution. No idea where to go from here.

Did you using Hubitat Package Manager to install Echo Speaks?

Yes

I'm running Echo Speaks v4.2.0.8. The correct community thread is [RELEASE] Echo Speaks V4
I don't know if that helps or not. It's not "beta" but the current released version.

1 Like

Version 4 of echo speaks has been out of beta for a long time. Use the release version of echo speaks, which is also available in Hubitat Package Manager.

There is a separate thread dedicated to that version as well:

This is in the OP of the thread you just linked to.

"select the Echo Speaks 4.0 beta"

Thus my confusion.

Maybe a typo, I can’t say for sure.

You can safely ignore any references to version 4 beta, it came out nearly two years ago, and the release of version 4 was a couple months after that.

Thanks!

Is complete removal and reinstall the best way to proceed now?

Of the beta version from HPM?

Yes probably. If you hadn’t actually configured it, just start over with the release version.

depends what you mean by "configured". I completed the configuration in the install documentation including server configuration on heroku.

According to the OP of the v4 release thread, you can just use the HPM package with the beta tag.

if I’m understanding your meaning, then my error is not related to choosing beta from HPM.

Probably not. If I’m understanding the dev’s meaning in the OP of the [release] thread.

I’d suggest asking about the error there.

Heroku recently changed this from free to a paid subscription, so people using ES were urged to create a local server for cookie retrieval duties if they wanted to avoid a monthly fee. The setup was pretty painless if you already have a machine running 24/7.
Also, there was an update pushed today. Beta and master are the same version, so it doesn’t matter which one you chose in hpm.

So....

1. Shut down Heroku app so I don't get billed
  2. uninstall ES via HPM
  3. install ES (might as well do release version) via HPM, but with local server

I didn't see any instructions for the local server install anywhere, but I'll look harder...

There are a few other recent threads that include detailed instructions on deploying a local server if you don’t want to pay Heroku to run a server that refreshes the Alexa cookie Echo Speaks needs.

Search for posts by @vmsman.

I am working through the process of getting Echo Speaks working, I have successfully installed all the packages and they are in the hup, i get to the point where i am trying authenticate to Amazon from the app servers on heroku. Heroku is all set up with the app running and i have set up the account to pay for the services.

When i go to authenticate I get to the point where i get an SMS with the six digit code, The page is refreshing so fast i have to copy and paste but when i submit the code i get this error. BTW this fast page refresh if its intentional is a real pain but maybe its a symptom of something not working right i just dont know.

After i past in the 6 digit SMS code and click enter i get a blank page with this error on it and i cant go forward.

Cannot POST /ap/cvf/approval/verifyOtp

i have deleted and reinstalled everything and still get the same errors.

Thanks in advance..

weird behavior on my echos at like 10:30 in the morning it went off with test, test test
reall fast..

i checked both my hubs and i do not have any rules that say that and even on one of the alexas that spoke it.. there was no event..
so it is not coming from hubitat..

any ideas.