[BETA] Echo Speaks V4

Yes, you can store a .mp3 file on the hub. From “Settings”, go to “File Manager”.

You could create a rule in rule machine that would do exactly what you are looking for. You have the right trigger and action.

I mistook this thread as the main one and have been following the wrong thread. I definitely am letting the dev do their thing. The announcement was for turning off the free access on Nov 28, which is only 2 weeks away.

Thanks. Will look for the other thread.

Could you get me a rule example? I have a file saved on FM

Unfortunately he is wrong, yes you can do this … with a Google speaker, but not with an Amazon Echo.

Thanks

No worries, it got discussed in the lead up to Halloween:

Is a chrome cast required too?

No, just the Hubitat chrome cast app.

1 Like

This is from the app creator:

tonesto7 Sep 4

"I swear you guys are very impatient!
Just relax and use the current server... we have almost 3 months!
I will have the new version ready before then"

Please do not bother the app developer with questions, ETAs, etc. about a new version. It will get posted when he's done developing and testing.

For those that mentioned that there hasn't been any updates or further development of the current iteration of this app, it's likely because the developer feels there is no need for any.

Patience is a virtue!!

I now have it (announcements) working with Google Home. Thanks for your support.

1 Like

No worries.

Coming back to the original topic... I started updating from old version of ES; and as I got to the drivers, I noticed the original WebSocket code is not published. Is this superseded and better erased? My app works with a bunch of errors after I clicked on the actions feature and got an error that won't clear either with restarts of app or HE. It will still play media and still control partly (I use Sharptools as dash). I also notice grouped echo speakers are in and out of favor and volume changes: it plays on all of them in a group, then switches to just one. Album art updates stopped as well. I will say I replaced heroku with RPI for cookie handling, because I couldn't find my Heroku credentials at first and thought the upgrade was impacting it.

Due to the app error in HE that won't clear, I cannot show the version summary table, but it seems to be I've upgraded everything as per below (is this the proper version and parts to run?):
apps: ES app., actions, and zones- 4.2.0.7
drivers: ws- 4.1.9.2 (July 2021); device and device zone- 4.2.0.7

thanks!

I'm currently having a hard time figuring out how to update my server. It is saying i am on v2.6.0, and an update is required. But i cant seem to find out how to just update server.

Apologies, I completely missed your reply. There seems to be a gap measured in around 100ms between the send commands, but the audible result is a round Robin one after each other.

Log screenshots in the Summary:

Summary

Your logs start in the middle ie a command has already started in your first log

So show in order from the beginning please

They’re in the correct order, but each one is read bottom to top, starting from Action: parallelSpeak at 20:41:27.740

Are these deices in different accounts?

No, they’re all on the same account.

ok, I'm seeing it not working properly in my test program.

I may have to chat with Tony as something must of changed on the Amazon side, as this code in es has not changed.

The documentation is really unclear on whether from the HPM choices you should install beta to get the most stable build. is "beta" v4 beta and none beta is V3? The documentation seems stale compared to the choices in HPM.

At any rate, I installed the beta and I'm getting "postCmdProcess Error | status: 400 | Msg: null" and no sound. See this multiple times in the thread, but no resolution. No idea where to go from here.