[BETA] Echo Speaks V4

The echo speak runs on the hub so its not that... is it the heroku server or some amazon server
how do I check that the echo speak server is up...is there a command I can do?
thanks for the help...

Yes. You need to login and see if the server instance you setup is running.

I have a Fire HD 10, version 7 (2018). When this piston runs, I get the weather in the portrait orientation and not in the landscape orientation. I have the display set to "Stay in current orientation." I want the weather to be in the landscape orientation. If I say "Alexa, show me the weather" it is displayed correctly in the landscape orientation.

POSTED THIS ELSEWHERE, BUT WAS TOLD TO POST HERE

I recently added two new Alexa devices. They were recognized and added to Hubitat without a problem. They work to control everything.

The only issue I've noticed so far is they are not making announcements.

When I go into the "Echo Speaks" app, I click on "managed devices" and I can see all my Alexa Devices. I've attached a screenshot of the new "Kitchen Show" that isn't working, and the "Master Bedroom Dot" which is working. I have another dot that is NOT working, but these were next to each other and made for an easy screenshot to compare them.

When I click on the arrow to manage this device, nothing happens. I've tried to look through the settings on the DEVICE page of the Echo but don't see anything there.

The little icon for all my devices populates correctly, except for the Show and the new Dot, which are represented by question marks (as seen in the attached image).

Something is not done correctly... any ideas?

THANKS!

Hi I have not been able to get my Echo Dot 4th gen to respond to Echo Speaks at all. Do I need to delete my device and start over?

1 Like

Hi @tonesto7,

I've read in some places that I could identify which Echo device was used to send a command to HE using some of the device's properties, like "lastSpokenToTime" or "wasLastSpokenToDevice".

However, those properties aren't being updated at all - nor are some other "activity" properties like "lastSpeakCmd", "lastVoiceActivity" and "phraseSpoken". Sending the "getDeviceActivity" command doesn't affect them at all, even after waiting a long time.

I've reinstalled the Echo Speaks app but I haven't recreated the devices yet, since it would break some rules - I'd like to wait for any input from you before doing so.

Screenshot 2022-08-01 at 09.17.00

Thanks in advance !

Believe the last spoken to is one of the pieces that broke when Amazon made changes to the webhook.

2 Likes

Same here. Anything to make it work?

1 Like

In Echo Speak Actions, my volume for “Speak Parallel” seems to be hard set @ new volume 55 Restore value 70. The desire is to use the volume wherever it is currently set on the echo device. Is this a configurable setting?

Can you show how you came to the observation?

Is there things in running logs that show this?

ie how to reproduce?

Seems to be no where to edit that out

So what do you see when you hit the tap to modify you show above?

Did you remove any settings you wanted before hitting next/done?

Hello, Can anyone please tell me how to execute multiple routines from a single Echo Speaks trigger? I'm only successful executing one routine per action.

I’m no expert in this but what I have done is to set up my routines in RM 5.1 and utilize the devices which are exposed by Echo Speaks in RM to make the announcements.

You might have more success using a virtual switch. Set the Echo Speaks to trigger the on/off of a virtual switch specifically created - then set all rules to follow the switch? I've got 7 virtual switches in my environment - a bit strange at first to wrap your head around them but they do come in useful. I wrote a 'reversible' switch driver - complete with auto-off a while ago that I use and shared with the community - you may want to give it a try.

I just got an email saying free heroku deploys will stop working in a few months. :sob:

So If we buy a heroku plan will echo speaks keep working?

there are posts (including mine) on the released thread as well.

I have wondered why the beta & released thread have not been merged or why the beta thread has not been closed .... @bobbyD

It's developer's choice. Tony might want to keep them both open, otherwise he would have pinged me to close it.

4 Likes

Got it. Thank you.