[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

I don't have a MyQ garage door. Just a simple Chamberlain. This makes it a lot easier to automate as it just using two wires to trigger an open or close by with a push button switch or momentary contact relay. With the z-wave Zooz relay garage door drivers the Window sensor works just fine; it integrates the sensor and relay. The driver with HE just assumes it takes so long to open the garage door (I think it is 5 seconds), it doesn't know it is done.

I have a tilt sensor on the door to tell me if it's open or closed. I was hoping to have an appropriate icon. My opener is a Z-wave relay. This has been working and looking well in Hubitat, Smartthings, VeraEdge and Homeseer. This app - I can't find an icon for "garage" to assign to the tilt sensor. No MyQ, no IFTTT. Just can't find Garage icon in the app.

Nice retro look to the fan icon... :slight_smile:

haha.. for the ceiling fan support I modified that image a little :slight_smile:

It's already out? New Fans stuff?

Ultimately, the problem is (I believe) that the app isn't recognizing your 2 devices as a 'garage' device type. More than just the icon - there's other attributes that go along with being a 'garage' device.

If you just want to change a device icon to a garage door you can do that.. I didn't see it on iconsdb.com so this might have been 1 I just found elsewhere.. there's a way to edit the config file (export, edit it and then import).. but, there's 2 better options:

1. the best option is to install a garage door driver in HE.. this is the one I think you'd want. It will create a single 'garage' door device that's made up of properties from your 2 garage door devices today. The app will automatically recognize it as a garage door and you should be good to go
  2. I can update the app to let you change the device type to 'garage' if the device has "Garage" in it.. I'm doing that for "door" and "window" today (vs standard contact device type). But, option #1 is really the right way IMO
1 Like

Odd issue on my phone...app won't let me drag a tile up next to a weather tile in portrait. It jumps back down when I let go.

I think it's related to the app keeping the desired orientation for landscape...if I look at it landscape I see below.

If I rotate to Portrait it goes to below:

I think it'll work but you just have to drag the tile around to the left and then right of one of those wide tiles first..

it has to do with the fact drag and drop needs you to drag a tile on top of anther tile. And the empty space isn't a tile so it just ignores it. But, if you drag to the left of your wide tile it should fill that row evenly. Then, drag to the right of it to just switch places.

Much of that drag and drop logic is built into Android.. I can tweak it but it gets complicated and fast.

1 Like

Great, thanks. That worked. No need to futz w/things for my sake... :slight_smile:

I can assign a Piggy Bank icon or a Cow face icon to this Sensor that indicates the open or close of a garage door. What is so special about a Garage Door icon? It cannot be found.

awesome.. now sorry to bother you but could you possibly point me in the right direction on rooting my tablet :slight_smile:

I'd recommend this cool new service called "Google." It's possible you might find something there... :wink:

1 Like

sorry no idea what that is... im sure you havent been suceesfult at ither. thanks for trying though ..

Ok so I'm curious that nobody else has said this: but isn't tile size an issue for anybody? The sizes that you can choose just don't fit my tablet perfectly. Either tiles become too big so that I would have to scroll or they are too small so that there would be a black gap at the bottom. I would really love to set tile size manually in a more detailed way or have some sort of auto-fit solution that adapts tile sizes to the screen's resolution.

Hope you get my point....sometimes it's hard for me to decribe things in English.

Best regards

I'm requiring the tiles to be square (with the exception of the wide ones). I'm also not adding any extra padding between tiles. Since most devices aren't square (resolution) at some point the row of tiles at the bottom will get cutoff and you'll need to scroll.

I have a Mac and in the Finder app they have a slider to adjust icon sizes. I mention this because they also display images in squares. What they do is add padding between the icons until some point where they can add or remove another icon. It's easier to see in action than describe.

How many devices do you have? I can see if you don't have enough tiles to fill the space (without making them too large) where it'd be preferable to add padding around the tiles.

Sorry I don't fully understand what your saying. I have 21 tiles. Tile size is set to small. Now at the very botton of the screen I have a black border of about 1 cm as the tiles are too small or the gaps inbetween the tiles are too small to fill out the screen entirely. With the original hubitat dashboard I was able to fine adjust tile-size/gaps between tiles to fill the whole screen. Which just looks way better. Other than that of course I very much prefer your app in every respect. I'm just a pretty visual guy...so this kind of bugs me every time I look at the screen haha.

Yep, "There was a problem parsing the package." error as soon as I try to install on Wink Relay. This would breathe a new life into these useless relays... I hope you can come up with something. I'm happy to test for you. Thanks!

:blush: I should hope so.

You know, I thought about it, after I posted - considered re-wording -- then let it ride. :slight_smile:

I have been monkeying around with my zones on the Konnected board. I logged out and back in and tiles are missing. My motion sensors are one my HE dashboard, but not in the app.