[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Thanks. Great you can open apps with it. It works well!

Another question: is it possible to somehow directly view the weatherwidget.io widget as an image tile e.g.? I really dont need the openweathermap tile. Just my own widget on the dashboard. That would rock!

I see the problem.. we get back an "armingAway" response when we set the mode to 'armAway' (when there's a delay). And there's no push update after that to say the state was actually armed.

GET http://192.168.0.202/apps/api/38/hsm/armAway
DATA:{"hsm":"armingAway"}

I'll try to get a fix in for this with the next update (hopefully today)

1 Like

version 1.0.478 (beta)

• change weather tile to temp display instead of icon
  • change folder background
  • show more device types (date, temp, etc) inside folder view
  • handle HSM delayed arm
  • auto refresh HSM/Mode status

The weather tile now shows temperature front and center. I kept the dynamic weather icon very faded in the background for a little effect

Folders look a little different too.. more like other tiles and you can change the background now as well

Also, I added support for text-only tiles to be displayed inside of the folder (temp, date, humidity, weather)

3 Likes

FWIW - here's what the delayed armed away state looks like.. similar for delayed armed home. The caveat is that the Hub doesn't push out HSM/Mode updates to the app so we need to poll for them. Right now, that's every 30 seconds (if you have an HSM or Mode tile on the dashboard). So, long-story short the state will auto-update but could be up to 30 seconds delayed

1 Like

Yeah, I like that weather widget. I thought about trying to embed a WebView (basically a little browser) into the dashboard as a tile. Not sure how that would look since a tile (even a wide one) is pretty small. But, ultimately I didn't think it would offer great performance.. WebView's (and Browsers) have to deal with a TON of stuff.. html, javascript, ads, etc. Not saying it can't be done though. I can do a quick prototype and see how it looks/behaves.

More importantly for me.. that darn weatherwidget.io site has given me all kinds of issues trying to search for a city and get back the code needed to embed in a WebView. They must be doing something to prevent access to their search API from external devices.

Performance-wise - if there's a weather driver that can be added to the Hub which has more data (upcoming forecast, etc) - I could try and replicate something like this. Or, if there's a free service that does it I could use that too and bypass the Hub's weather tile too..

This might get what you're looking for.
It does have an optional 3 day forecast capability.

optional

cool - yeah, that does seem to have a bunch of additional weather data. I'll have to try and support it - both small and wide tile formats as well as a larger popup view which can display more than what can fit in the dashboard

2 Likes

Working perfectly now, thanks for taking care of this so quick!

Love this!

Any chance of having an option to get rid of the folder tile border? Its pretty clear its a folder by the little icons. Just trying to keep things looking clean and consistent.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Sure - I don't use folders at the moment on my tablets so I'm not seeing them day to day.. if the icons are good enough so be it.

Related to folders:

• I did get a request over email to use a single icon instead of the smaller device tiles so I was going to make that an option at some point.
  • I also still have planned an option to group devices of a similar type (ie: lights) and show them stacked.. so, a folder of X lights would just show 1 icon -- and I'd try to have a way to represent an all on/off or mixed on/off state
1 Like

Awesome news!

version 1.0.482 (beta)

• support for new weather device (OpenWeatherMap-NWS Alerts Weather Driver)
  • remove border for folder

I know there's a million and 1 weather widgets out there and I wasn't planning on adding my own - but I wanted at least 1 that didn't involve html/css for my own dashboard. There's a few steps needed to set this up:

• install the latest (v0.2.1) driver (refer to this thread) and configure the device (API key and city needed)
  • enable at least the following optional attributes for the weather driver: "Forecast High/Low Temperatures" and "Condition Icon URL". These should deliver the high/low temps for the next 2 days which I'm displaying in the wide tile. Also, the latest version adds the image URL's for the next 2 days as well which is why that's needed (a big thanks to @Matthew for adding that one so fast!)
  • make sure whenever you add a new device to Hubitat, also add it to the MakerAPI so it'll show up in the dashboard
  • lastly, by default the weather icon is a normal size; press and hold the tile -> Edit -> Show Wide Tile to view the larger version.

NOTE: the smaller weather tile here is the built-in Hubitat driver one (which I'll be removing soon!)

I'll try to add more details to the full-screen version.. there's a LOT more data that's being sent in this weather driver like alerts, wind, rain, etc..

5 Likes

Totally awesome.

I love the new folder look! It has a very consistent look now.

I'm not getting the "condition_text" on my tile (double-wide). I do get the temp, followed by the 3 day. I checked the device and it is pulling it. I also have "Display condition_text" checked. I noticed it is showing up on yours.

This worked for me.

Thanks, but I tried that and double checked it. I also did a Full Refresh. In the HE hub device it shows the icon with the text below it. But on my phone it only shows the temperature.

I tried to uncheck all weather options except for the following to make sure only the necessary options were checked:
image image

That should result in the following attributes being returned:

"attributes" : 
    {
        "condition_icon_url2" : "https://tinyurl.com/y6xrbhpf/11.png",
        "condition_icon_url1" : "https://tinyurl.com/y6xrbhpf/26.png",
        "condition_icon_url" : "https://tinyurl.com/y6xrbhpf/29.png",
        "forecastHigh" : "77",
        "forecastHigh+1" : "73",
        "forecastHigh+2" : "77",

On the side of random chance, here's everything that I have turned on. I went a little click-happy looking at the stuff on the device page. But it does result in getting the same display as @jpage4500. :wink:

I sent you an email with a screenshot and log file.

You know, you're going to need to update your OP pics. Things have gotten cooler since you released... :wink:

1 Like