Best Smart Bulb for Hubitat?

Heā€™s not wrong - basically any ac to dc converter makes the issue go away, so my hubs are fine.

As far as whether itā€™s fine with bulbs and plugs, I donā€™t know, but I do know it would be cheaper to replace them all when I leave then pay an electrican to fix someone elseā€™s problem (and I did tell the landlord and heā€™s shown no interest in fixing it himself)

As for why I donā€™t wanna use hue - firstly, Iā€™d just prefer smart switches, and secondly, Hubitats native hue integration has a polling rate to the hue hub of one minute which isnā€™t ideal. But Iā€™ll be using hue for now anyway

Also I currently have 30 odd bulbs, 6(?) plugs and a smart thermostat (Plus a bunch of battery devices that obviously arenā€™t affected)

Why not use one of the community Hue integrations? Then you can get the changes from Hue pushed to the hub (part of Hueā€™s V2 api).

3 Likes

In general, where possible, I do prefer to use built in integrations. The people maintaining the community ones could, in theory, stop maintaining them at any point, where I feel built in ones are far more likely to be maintained for longer.

That being said, thatā€™s ā€œin generalā€ and there are always exceptions, so that is my plan at the moment.

The nice thing about open-source is that if someone decides to stop maintaining their thing and enough people rely on it, someone else is likely to step up. Look at HPM, for example.

1 Like