Best sensors?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TC9NC82/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_vY7sFb3MB00ND

As long as you don’t know your okay.

3 Likes

Is there such a thing as a contact/window break sensor? If so would someone be so kind as to let me know if its compatible with hubitat?

Aqara devices should work with Tradfri' repeaters, but only if there are no incompatible repeaters in the Zigbee mesh.

I had some Centralite HA 1.2 plugs that I was using to monitor power. Mains powered Zigbee devices usually function as repeaters, so the Centralite plugs were great for stabilizing the mesh for all my sensors with the exception of Aqara.

I removed my Centralite plugs and purchased some eWeLink Zigbee 3.0 plugs that do work as repeaters for Aqara, but they did not have power monitoring capability. I purchased a ZOOZ Zen15 Z-wave plug to monitor power without affecting my Zigbee network.

I have a variety of Zigbee sensors including some older ones from Smartthings and Iris. I tried some Singled door sensors, but they do not report temperature.

I recently have started purchasing Hue Motion sensors. They run off standard AAA batteries. They have temperature reporting in addition to motion. They can be paired with the Hue bridge if you have one, but they can be paired directly with Hubitat. That is the method I recommend as the Hue integration does not pull sensor data from the Hue bridge.

If you have an Ecobee thermostat, you might want to consider purchasing the Ecobee occupancy/temperature sensors. They integrate directly with Ecobee. Unlike motion sensors, they are designed to be slow response sensors. You do not want your HVAC system responding to short duration events that might trigger a motion or contact sensor. You only need to put one of the Ecobee sensors in an area used for long duration like a bedroom, family room, or home office.

I've heard these comments about peanuts before - yet I think I've been untouched todate. (knocks on wood). I have 2 left in my environ. Began using eWeLink units for $6 ea in a pack of 4 - zigbee 3.0. Just to be caution I'll dump the last 2 peanuts.
BRanded as CMars -
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08K45W4LR?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

1 Like

The eWeLink plugs are sold through a variety of brand names. They are inexpensive and the seem to work well as repeaters.

I just wish they had a model with power monitoring and more than 10 amps. Oh well, what can you expect at that price?

1 Like