Best practice for mounting

The USB stick has an internal PCB with copper forming an antenna. This is pretty standard, I know the Wink and Staples Connect, when I took those apart, had the same.

Sorry for the zombie revival, but I just got my C-5 hub, and it's TINY! I'm planning to wall mount it with a 3m command strip. Are there any issues with this? I note the whole bottom is ventilation and that would be somewhat covered (unless I mount it with the top against the wall).

Thanks!

I don't have a C-5 but that hasn't stopped me from wondering if an Echo Dot wall mount would work. Maybe an Apple TV wall mount? (probably either are too "thick." As in expecting a taller/thicker device.)

The C-5 is possibly a similar footprint to an apple tv. Way thinner... but hmm. I do have an old apple tv mount...

actually, no. the C-5 is listed as being sub 3" square... apple tv's are 4", about.

If you have a solid surface to mount to (i.e. not wall paing) I use Velcro. Makes removal for whatever very easy.

As for the ventilation,... don't know.

I love the command strips that are for picture hanging. They're like velcro 2.0 (they're kinda like a bunch of mushrooms). I split one of those lengthwise and put half on each side of the hub. plenty of open ventilation. :slight_smile:

2 Likes