Best in wall Zigbee switches?

Could you use this to control wired overhead lights and wirelessly control RGBW undercabinet LED strips? If so, this would be sweet for my kitchen to give physical control over my LED strips. For instance, power and dimness are shared for all devices, but the color wheel only controls the UC lights. Or do these not have any relay or dimming circuits built in?

I don't think these have any local control. Virtual only. Look at the back of them, line and neutral terminals only.

RGBG

1 Like

You are correct. Line passes through.

But they could be used to control a zigbee microcontroller as well as some smart lights. As long as they’re both supported by Hubitat that is.
Probably would want the zone controller

1 Like

OOF, sounds like making an already expensive switch even more so. I love the design don't get me wrong, but from scratch this is at least a $100 switch.

Yes, but you’re saving all that money by having standard lights in your kitchen

That is true, but this is also possible with all smart switches, hence the switch vs bulb debate, but those switches are significantly cheaper, especially if you go WiFi. I guess it really comes down to if you want the WOW factor/need granular control of RGB lights. I wonder how they justify removing relays, maybe to support multiple bulb technologies for a given switch, leading vs falling edge.

I should have added a :wink: since I meant it tongue in cheek. It does have that “wow” factor, but the more I look at it, the less user friendly it appears. It might fit the bill for the master bathroom remodel I’m planning now though.

1 Like