Best In-Wall Switches?

Hi Steve,
I had a similar problem, but if you are only using it for the bedside light, the push and hold will still work. So although the double tap is gone, you can still program the light switch to both have no delay, and activate a separate light when holding down the fan/light switch as opposed to a double tap. (I use hold light switch down to turn on a light, and hold fan switch down to turn off the same light).

1 Like

The best and simple switch to use is the GE " GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Light Switch"

1 Like

Maybe I'm not on base here, but just make sure you have a hot and neutral at the switches you are updating before you purchase. Most Smart switches require a neutral. My 1990's house does not at some. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

The Inovelli Red series will work in no-neutral situations, but with diminished functionality (no power reporting, maybe more). I have 2 installed on no-neutral boxes.

1 Like

Perfect. I didn’t know that. I do not have anything assigned to the HELD action so that will work!

I did a little bit of searching on the inovelli forum. Looks like I have v1.34 and there is a v.1.36 available. I saw a note from Eric that disabling the delay may only affect the light switch and not the fan switch, leaving the fan switch with double tap capability but I didn’t read enough yet to see if this is in 1.36 or not.

But I can switch both double taps to HELD if I need to.

Thanks again for your suggestion.

Lutron Caseta is the best, they just work. Second place would be innovelli

I have one out of three installed with no-neutral and from what I have read and by playing around, power reporting is the ONLY thing you loose. All other functionality is still present.

1 Like

The config button still works as well as held with the delay disabled.

1 Like

Lol. Clearly I didn’t play with it enough when I previously had the delay disabled.