Believe this is a bug in Rule Machine

Following rule was never working…

The stays that way was never working as the power while greater than the threshold was fluctuating. As the test is greater than and not equal to I would expect it to trigger after 10 seconds.

Log…

1 Like

It can't possibly work. There is no way for it to disambiguate between the two triggers on contradictory values of the same device. You would have to break this into two rules.

8 posts were split to a new topic: Problems with Trigger that is supposed to stay for 4 hours

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Problems with Trigger that is supposed to stay for 4 hours

It used to work in old Rule Machine. And the power when the TV on that plug is off is about 25 watts well below the 45 watt threshold and when the TV is on it's over 50 watts. So I don't see why the triggers are an issue. It's not like I'm saying if it's less than 55 and greater than 45. Then I could see it would be an issue. I knew I should have left well enough alone. :smiley:

1 Like

How do my triggers contradict?

I'm testing if it reports LT 45 or GT 55 it's never in between and when the TV is on it's well above 55 and when off it's below 45.

1 Like

RM cannot handle two Stays triggers for the same device. If you look at the Event Subscriptions on the App Status page you will see a single subscription for the device. It has no way to know which trigger is being fired for any given event, so it will fail.

Okay. Perhaps stays shouldn't be an option if the same device is selected twice as a trigger? Didn't need that part it didn't have it on my old rule so I just removed that and it's happy now. I guess I assumed that behind the scenes once it triggered it would start a timer for each specific trigger (not by device but by it's existence in the rule) and as long as the condition remained true the timer would continue to run but it sounds like it's one timer per per device. Thanks for the clairification.

1 Like

The same device can be selected twice as a trigger, just not with the same attribute for stays. The code doesn't lend itself to detecting this sort of problem and reporting it in the UI, a forbidden trigger as it were.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.