Before I throw money in the pit - Can you let me know if my many devices are compatible before I purchase a hubitat please?

Thanks, I tried to search but couldn't find them all. In particular the ones you have listed as no or with ?
Also why would I need to use IKEA repeaters and what are they please?

They will work with the generic drivers. The reason ikea repeaters are recommended is because a lot of Xiaomi stuff isn't 100% fully zigbee compliant and falls off the mesh. The ikea repeaters seem to stabilize them.

The compatibility chart is a good place to start but a lot of things not on that list work just fine. Searching the forum for your particular models is a good way to find out whats up with it.

3 Likes

You might find this page from the hub documentation helpful to understand a little more about how zigbee’s mesh topology works.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone, much appreciated and it looks like I'll get a HE hub soon. Support from this community is amazing!

Is this the IKEA repeater people are suggesting?

1 Like

Yep...

1 Like

Also take a look at this link. It will help with some of the gotchas...

2 Likes

Thanks everyone, have just purchased from Vesternet for £122 using code SETUPEDIA and it comes with a leak sensor and temp sensor.
Looking forward to setting this up and tidying up all of my home automation!

1 Like

For europe, you can't beat zigbee prices on aliexpress.com . Especially TUYA zigbee.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, I already have quite a few devices already but will keep in mind for the future!

You do not have enough :rofl: Some of us have in the 100's of devices...

2 Likes

Hahaha....when is it ever enough??

1 Like

Are 868mhz devices available on HE?

Zigbee, z-wave (in several countries) , some wifi natively (as long as it's local and not cloud based). There are lots of integrations and as long as an open API is available one can be written for just about anything.

1 Like

Z-wave operates at 868 MHz in the EU.

2 Likes

Great thanks so hopefully they should work as well!

Make sure they are specially marked as zwave.

Zigbee channel zero (0) is also at 868 MHz, and is used in Europe for wireless sensors associated with security systems. Zigbee at this frequency is not supported by Hubitat.

2 Likes

Assuming you mean nest, but I have this. It's a community app and you need to buy a developer licence $5 it's a bit fiddly but once done you can bring in everything apart from the nest protects.

1 Like

I thought that on the UK version of hubitat it would be supported?

They are PIR wireless sensors from an old alarm system and called
visonic next t dd mcw 868

Not supported. They're not z-wave.

1 Like

Ok thanks, how can you tell?