Battery reporting 200% (Linkind devices)

or
3. accept that these incorrect devices will get a maximum of 50% battery reported. I think that might be easier than than having a quirks list.

Its handled in driver code already when the exceptions are added in.

2 Likes

early firmware versions of third reality devices

1 Like

Looks like it may have "self corrected" after that solo 200% report.

It was fixed in the latest release.

2 Likes

Updated to 2.3.4.114 on 2022-11-23 19:51:40, since then numerous, but certainly not all Generic Zigbee Contact sensors (no temp) stopped reporting Battery %, including the sensor that previously reported 200%. All failing to report contact sensors are Linkinds, however some Linkind contact sensors are correctly reporting.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Update: On one device did a factory reset, then re-paired device to hub, but no battery report. Then tried a battery removal and reinstall, no battery reports.

Sample of the device that reported 200%. I opened and closed the sensor to verify it was working.

Sample2 Linkind failing

Sample3 Linkind properly reporting

The non reporting units will need to have configuration run on them, by waking up and running the config command or by rejoining them.

How do I wake up a sleepy device so it responds to the Configure command?

Did the factory reset yesterday around 15:39. No battery reports on the reset device for 20+ hours. Finally got a battery report by removing and reinstalling the battery a few minutes ago. Hopefully it will continue reporting. Will know more tomorrow after running the inactive device report.

I have around 20 of these Linkind Contact Sensors, and perhaps half of them no longer report Battery%, even after factory resetting, pulling the battery, and running configure.

The reporting devices use driver Generic Zigbee Contact Sensor, temp sensor set to disabled

The non-reporting devices use driver Generic Zigbee Contact Sensor (no temp)

Is anyone else encountering this issue?

I'm about to change all non-reporting devices to the no temp driver version and hope for the best.

BTW other brands of Zigbee contact sensors using the No-Temp driver report battery%

can you post the device data section for one of the current non reporting devices?

1 Like

and how about the same for a unit that is reporting battery using the (no temp) driver?, can you post that data as well?

It's identical

Well then we're SOL, since there's no discernible difference between them I won't be able to fix the reporting within the driver.

:poop: So both Generic Zigbee Contact sensor drivers use identical battery logic? I assume they would but one never knows.

The other odd thing (to me) is after factory resetting the device, then re-pairing, the device does not issue a battery report. That occurs only after pulling the battery, but not always.

This all occurred after updating to 234.114, worked well in 233 except for the one device reporting at 200%.

FWIW Earlier today I switched all the non reporting devices to the standard contact driver, then disabled temperature reporting. Should the driver change not fix it I may fall back to 2.3.3. I use the lack of device activity as my criteria for changing batteries.

I changed the device to the User device: Generic Toolbox and received this report with the clusters. Perhaps it will help.

dev:24022022-11-28 16:41:13.254infoCOPY AND PASTE THIS ROW TO THE DEVELOPER: fingerprint model:"ZB-DoorSensor-D0003", manufacturer:"lk", profileId:"0104", endpointId:"01", inClusters:"0000,0001,0003,0020,0500,0B05", outClusters:"0019", application:"3D"

dev:24022022-11-28 16:41:13.252traceApplication: 3D

dev:24022022-11-28 16:41:13.251traceModel: ZB-DoorSensor-D0003

dev:24022022-11-28 16:41:13.249traceManufacturer: lk

@mike.maxwell Did Linkind break something recently?

I just paired a 5th one of their water sensors (it is on sale right now - 4 for $32). The new one came up with 200% battery.

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 02
  • firmwareMT: 1168-8108-21100002
  • manufacturer: LK
  • model: A001082
  • softwareBuild: 21100002

I have a 4 pack I bought 9 months ago. They all report 100% battery. They are slightly older firmware:

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 02
  • firmwareMT: 1168-8108-21080002
  • manufacturer: LK
  • model: A001082
  • softwareBuild: 21080002

The driver is Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor (no temp) and the hub is running 2.3.4.114.

Again- I changed the driver from Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor (no temp) to the Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor and Saved Device, Config, Save Preferences. Prior to that, I removed the sensor from Amazon Echo Skill within hubitat. After an hour or so, I checked and all 4 are reading 100% and the one Smartthings moisture sensor is reading 87%

I show the exact same Device attributes as you... Don't know why, but its working for me.

I have three Linkind Water Sensors using the Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor driver, all are working normally on 2.3.4.114

Yes, those have the same firmware version ( 21080002) as my 4 with no battery reporting problems. It's the new one with firmware 21100002 that reports incorrectly.