Battery powered ZigBee or Z-wave (EU) temperature sensor for sauna?

Great! I will go and buy one right now. The temp you have is what I usually have in my sauna.

Also - if you don't have any Xiaomi's in your setup - you need to be aware of the issues around them routing via repeaters.... As Xiaomi are not truly Zigbee compliant not all repeaters will handle them well. Xiaomi's work fine directly with HE (even if they are not on the approved device list as they not compliant). There's a big thread here in the community on Xiaomi's.

I have two motion sensors and two dubbel button switches and they all works great.

1 Like

Oh, nice to see a bit of Sweden (Tylö) in your sauna. :slight_smile:
Just bought the sensor and are about to pair it and mount it in the sauna.

I bought a Tylö kit - so the heater, coals, bucket, gauges, timer are all Tylö.

You got that sensor very quickly !!!!

Jupp, live nearby a lot of store that sell all kind of electronics and smart home stuff. :slight_smile:

Do you had to play with the offset temp? My is off by about 10-15 degees. My Aqara is showing ~61 when two other thermometers (real once, not the on the wall in sauna stuff) shows around 75 at the same position.

I saw they were a bit different when I first put it in, but didn't consider it as being significant. 6 degrees is a good bit - I must re-check mine to see what the difference is when I fire it up this week.

I've read other people post about the differences between temp readings of devices when in the same room, even between multiple units of the same device model.

It seems it gets off when there is a higher temp. Back to ~ 21C it seems more in line with the other temperature devices. Will check some more but maybe that’s why the specs states up to 50C, after that it might not be accurate.

It’s not really a big deal since I just want to know when the sauna has reached a good temp. 5 degrees isn’t an issue for me.

This is what the rating is for, among other things, at that range the readings could still be calibrated to be fairly accurate with a linear regression filter, but as you've noticed, an offset will not work. There's no such filter in any of the released community drivers however, so you'd have to write it yourself unfortunately.

How is the temp sesnor doing in the sauna? All working?

I created a global parameter that I use as the sauna temp. I made a rule that “writes” the temp from the sensor to the global parameter and when the sensor in the sauna goes above 50, I add 13C to the temp and that makes 70C in the sauna show as ~70C in my global parameter which I then use to send a message.
The temp right before and after 50 isn’t correct but I don’t care about that at the moment. I could and probably will do some kind of offset all the way up to 60-70C but I don’t have the time right now.

Have you checked your sensor temp against the real temp when your sensor show 70C?

I'll check it this weekend..............

Thanks,
S

So here's the results of my cooking session last night.....

Tylö Xiaomi
22 21 Switch on
44 38
52 43
74 78 In I went.....
75 75 Halfway and was the same at end
70 64 Cool down

I'm missing a reading at the alert stage (I was occupied and couldn't get down to see what the Tylö read).

Simon

1 Like

I have the same. Using a smartthings multi. I put it under the bench where it will be 60 celsius when above is 100. The set the rules to trigger at 60c

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.