Battery powered dimmer switch recommendations

where do you recomend to buy lutron stuff?

I bought mine through a combination of Amazon and eBay. Seeing as you only need the Lutron Pro Hub and Picos (assuming you don't want to add any Caseta Dimmers, either is fine). Some here recommend Energy Avenue

https://www.energyavenue.com/Lutron/L-BDGPRO2-WH
https://www.energyavenue.com/Lutron/PJ2-3BRL-GWH-L01

Maybe they can ship to CA? Caution, you need to get the Pro Hub 2 … if you find a Pro Hub 1 that has never been set up, it cannot be set up with the Lutron app. This happened to me and Lutron was nice enough to send me a new hub.

1 Like

what do you mean by only need bridge pro2 and picos unless I want to add caseta dimmers?

also I ended up buying at ebay pro2 because energy avenue was out of stock and they cancel my shipment (they will re-stock in 6 weeks even when their page say they have stock),

That's not what it says. It says "assuming you don't want Caseta dimmers". Not unless. You only need the pro bridge 2 to add Caseta dimmers as well. But if you only want picos you can do that and not add any caseta dimmers. Dimmers aren't required to use the pro bridge with picos.

@ameno_r … what @Ryan780 said

1 Like

I’ve been using the Sylvania 2-button dimmers (made by Centralite) for 2 years and have never had one drop off, or not respond to the first press, no matter how jacked up my Zigbee network was. They run on 2032 batteries which are cheap and I have only had to replace batteries in a few of them so far. They cover the light switch so they don’t require you to find a place or a way to mount them. I have 6 Hue dimmers that also are reliable, but only since the latest firmware update, which you’d need the Hue bridge to update them.

Thanks for the recommendation. My HE just came in and I linked all my existing Aqara wireless switch, so far it's working perfectly without problems!

2 Likes

Just a summary for those who are looking for the same thing.

I've connected my Aqara wireless switches to the HE, they've been connected for about 24 hours without any dropout issues! Where ST would dropout after 1 hour 100% of the time on ALL of them. Maybe the problem was wireless interference all along...
Either way, here's a list of wireless switch I've gathered from everyone's input that meets the requirement, sorting by price and style.

1. Aqara wireless switch. ~$16 USD

2. AduroSmart ERIA Smart Wireless ~$20 USD

3. Philips hue dimmer ~$25 USD

4. RGBgenie Remote and Dimmer ~$30 USD

I hope this helps others decide on which one to buy.

1 Like