Basic vs Binary report

Correct.. This has not changed in the next SDK

1 Like

How does one read / interpret the info. in zwNodeInfo. I had assumed it was a list of neighboring nodes or something --is that correct or is there something else there?

NIF doesn't contain node neighbors

NifCached3

So, for the example from a few posts above, zwNodeInfo is basically iClusters, but with an extra 6 bytes in the front and it looks like an extra few classes (68, 23) at the tail.

The first bit is a good one for devices that can be listening or sleepy.. If the first bit is on you can send commands anytime.. If it is off, you must wait for wakeup

1 Like

Having access to that "listening" bit seems useful (particularly for sensor devices that can run on either battery or USB so they may or may not be sleepy). Is there a system call or way to get this into a class structure, or do I have to parse it myself? Thanks.

I don't think that is currently exposed to the drivers at all, is it?

Good point.. Probably be good as a device.isListening boolean response..

It sure is

Hmm. ok. Guess I've never looked before. lol. :+1:

Yes. Definitely. device.isListening as a Boolean would be very helpful and simple to use.

device.getDataValue(“zwNodeInfo”)
2 Likes

Wonder what other properties there are I hadn't thought of... I don't remember seeing that documented anywhere - I'll go look though.

EDIT:

1 Like

It wasn’t.

3 Likes

It's used internally on the C7 stack..

1 Like

No worries. Like I said, I've never looked for it either, as I haven't had any specific need for it. So no issue on my end. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems like a minor add - any chance of getting that as a hotfix to 2.2.5 or in the next update.

I'm absolutely sure that's the most sarcastic remark I've read today...

1 Like

Just following up -- @JasonJoel's update to his driver exposes a parameter that resolves the slow binary reports on the ZW4008 device. The binary reports are now nearly instantaneous, just as fast as the Inovelli switch that I purchased originally to resolve the issue.