Basic Rules to Speak Specific Devices that are triggered and repeat X amount of time

Here's my latest Basic Rule which triggers a whole house water main (Dome) to close when moisture is detected:

I used to have this all under RM and Echo Speaks where it would indicate which specific moisture sensor detected water and would say something like, "water has been detected in the laundry area."

However, Heroku and ES has been acting odd and I'm trying to get away from complicated rules/apps.

Is there a way to get this to announce something more device specific (variable), such as: "Water has been detected in " instead of a generic message or do I need to set up separate Basic Rules for now?

Also, separately I noticed an "Add Wait Until." Could I use this to let's say wait 2 minutes and repeat the announcements until the sensor is dry?

Thanks!

Have you looked at using HSM (Hubitat Safety Monitor).

You can select your leak sensors, tell a water valve to close, and send notifications.

If you use a "%device" variable that will fill in the leak sensor that was triggered.

You can also tell it to repeat notifications.

Never installed it. I’m trying to keep things simple/minimal instead of tacking on a lot of duplicate services/apps. But maybe I will eventually. I like the simplicity of Basic Rules and would prefer to get that working there.

if you want to keep with that app. separate it and use a separate rule for each sensor. then it should be the correct device.

1 Like

Sometimes using an app that's designed specifically to help you with a particular task is the simplest approach.

:slightly_smiling_face:

But I know what you mean, you don't want to get things overly complicated

1 Like

Part of my point in posting this is to see if it’s something available and if not, could the developers here easily implement something simple like this into Basic Rules.

I’m just trying to tidy up all of my components and apps so that they’re in one easy to find place should I need to revisit things much later on.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.