Basic Rule Suddenly Stopped Working

I have a basic rule that is:

When a "Switch" (Switch A, Switch B, Switch C) "Turns Off", "Turn Off" (Switch A, Switch B, Switch C).

It has worked without issue for over a year. It just stopped working.

I have tried resetting the switches, Pausing and Resuming the Rule, deleting and recreating the Rule and restarting the hub.

I should also note, the exact same Basic Rule exists to "Turn On" these Switches. That Rule works flawlessly.

Hard to say much without knowing more. Some ideas:

1. Enable all logging for the Basic Rule in question.
  2. Examine the output of "Logs," filtered to just this Basic Rule instance, for clues, if there are any.
  3. Verify that "Switch A" or whatever should be triggering the rule is actually sending events--go to "Events" from its device detail page and see. (Logs should also give clues but are not the definitive source; this is.)
  4. Try just hitting "Done" in the problematic Basic Rule to "re-initialize" things and see if it helps.
1 Like

It may also help if you could post a screenshot of the basic rule you have having problems with. Equally, it may be useful to see a screenshot of the rule that is working.

In addition to solving your issue with your rule, which I encourage you to do, you may be interested in this app:

1 Like

Switch Bindings app for Hubitat < works very well I use it :slight_smile:

1 Like

All,

Sorry for the late reply...

Thank you for the suggestions. I had not used the Switch Bindings app.

1 Like